Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative study

Options
  • 02-06-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Any body know a website where i could get literary genre notes for "As you like it"... yea i know i'm leaving it way too late to only be looking for them now!! so i need help asap!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

I have some notes on As you Like it, I study it before I move here. They not in english, but I know they were from internet and used to be in englihs, I have some addresses that could help but I no know hwat litery genere is, if you tell me maybe I help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

I see this in notes and I translate bit and find on internet: And the "mode" in which As You Like It is written - in which noble people flee the court to a simpler life as shepherds and woodsmen - is part of an allegorical literary genre called the "pastoral," which was based on classical writings and was extremely popular in Shakespeare's day; well-known contemporaries like Edmund Spenser, Christopher Marlowe and Sir Philip Sidney also wrote pastoral works. (You can read more about these issues in the "Did You Know?" and "Points to Ponder" sections, if you're really interested.)

I not sure if that what but good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

dunno about literary genre, I don't even do "As you like it" but heres an overview for ya - http://www.free-essays-free-essays.com/dbase/7b/sra33.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Have you tried www.skoool.ie ?? I find that great for notes, espeically for stuff you havent done since 5th and need you're mind to be jogged on! also www.thespark.com is amazing for notes!!! Espeically eng!! Very indepth notes on most of the stuff on the eng course! Most other subjects there too, except Irish. For Irish try BBC Bitesize (Northern Ireland) don't have a link but google it!

Advertisement