Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

McAfee IS 2005 and IE6

• 02-06-2005 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,
    I have recently installed McAffee IS 2005 (what a buggy programme). Anyway previously had Norton IS 2004. Can't now get Internet explorer 6 to work. I'm on dial-up. Firefox works fine (better browser anyway). Seems to be bacuse McAffee is seeing my internet as being thro' proxy (registers it as such), howver, ISp assures me it is standard dial-up. I have loads of inbound errors in firewall log. Think it is because of changable IP addresses, due to way ISP provides service.
    Don't have any spyware checked with AdAware, Spybot and McAffee antivirus scan.
    have removed all norton registry entries bar one for legacy driver which I can't remove, used Tweaknow Reg cleaner to do this.
    I really need IE6 for certain work sites.
    Sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You shouldn't have gotten McAfee IS 2005 to begin with, eats up all your resources, WAY to blouted. AVG7 free, ad-aware, spybot, firefox and Windows Firewall (Its not that bad) do fine, haven't had a virus in months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mike dee

Thanks for reply. Your so right abotu McAfee IS 2005. Its pretty bad. A big mistake. I may remove it. About the DSL connection- Are you saying that I should be able to get broadband? I live in the styx at the moment. I've tested the line - no chance. Bandwidth **** anyway only 24-26 kbps. I am sure they can get that up easily.

Advertisement