Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makosi - Anyone like her?

Options
  • 02-06-2005 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

To me she is just a self important selfish exhibitionist who is devious and sly. Anyone want to post any good qualities, if they noticed them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭claires friend

To me she is just a self important selfish exhibitionist who is devious and sly. Anyone want to post any good qualities, if they noticed them?

I like her and I normally dont go for those sort of people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Sorry though I had one there but it was actually a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Er. Nope, nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

why does she constantly refer to herself in the third person? i can't wait till she gets booed when she leaves the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

If I was trapped on an island with her we could lash logs together with her hair to make a raft. But I still think I'd do without her help if it meant I wouldn't have to experience her in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Feownah

yeah she got a big ego, but she is funny...im so ashamed i watched it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i think she is so funny....i love the way she causes trouble and gets away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm going to go and say that I think she's alright. She livened up what would normally be the dullest week of BB, week one so that's a bonus. And in comparison to drippy Craig, constant-bikini-wearing-for-attention-because-she-doesn't-do-anything-else Sam and Vanessa who, she one of the best HM's in there this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Didnt think Id like her when I saw her audition tape but I have to say I think shes hillarious.. I wouldnt like to be stuck in the house with her for 10 weeks but shes very entertaining to watch... I think shes extremely clever and very carismatic... I hope she stays in till the end

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

And good on her for nominating Mary and Craig... I know Mary is Irish but do we really want somebody like her representing us for the next 10 weeks? Shes a complete lunatic :eek: and Craig? Hes just a f*****g whining whinging bitching two faced little fecker... The gay men are usually entertaining and funny but hes just annoying.. get Dan and Marco back they were gas.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Makosi - last week when the unlucky task was explained to her and BB asked her if she understood and she weakly replied, "Er, yeah, I think so..." (clearly having NOT understood the instructions), I thought she was the densest housemate ever (even mroe so than Jade.)

Then, having been informed of the mission again, she redeemed herself by going at the task with gusto. (She exits Diary Room. Science: "What'd they want?" Makosi: "Why are you all being so NOSEY?! I can't cope with people asking me questions for ten f***ing weeks!!!" Classic stuff.)

She lost points thought for not choosing two housemates who were more of a potential threat to her in the future. She should have used her opportunity - it won't happen again - to nominate and get rid of one of two people who would be a potential threat down the line. She also shouldn't have immediately rushed off with Kemal. If she'd kept her mouth shut, none of the others would ever have known what she was up to, giving her the upper hand. (She also needs to integrate more if she wants to last longer - any week she ends up nominated against Kemal, she might be in trouble, so she should aim to widen her circle of friends.)

And last but not least, here's why I think she's the smartest of the bunch: Cherryade. With this much emphasis on it, she's playing a very particular game (BB putting a price of £50 on it and Makosi pleading with the others to give up some of their allocated amount is a prime example!) When Makosi gets out, I reckon Tango will be giving her an ad deal straight away (even more so if she keeps this up as the weeks go by.)

She's definitely smarter than we think, and alongside Kemal ("Come, veil, come! Don't let me down, bitch!") the funniest of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

doh.ie wrote:
    and alongside Kemal ("Come, veil, come! Don't let me down, bitch!") the funniest of the lot.

You've got to be joking. That line was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard on Big Brother - and there have been a lot of them. It wouldn't have looked out of place in one of those third-rate American sitcoms where everyone has 'att-i-tude'.

NoelRock wrote:
    You've got to be joking. That line was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard on Big Brother - and there have been a lot of them. It wouldn't have looked out of place in one of those third-rate American sitcoms where everyone has 'att-i-tude'.

Nah, I thought it was hilarious. OK, so it was all for the cameras, completely ridiculous and he had his costume/entrance all planned out, but that didn't stop it being very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

doh.ie wrote:
    And last but not least, here's why I think she's the smartest of the bunch: Cherryade. With this much emphasis on it, she's playing a very particular game (BB putting a price of £50 on it and Makosi pleading with the others to give up some of their allocated amount is a prime example!) When Makosi gets out, I reckon Tango will be giving her an ad deal straight away (even more so if she keeps this up as the weeks go by.)
    C'mon, you can't possibly think she planned that. She's a self-important dolt. Plus, her sister was interviewed on the Big Brother website and said that she really does love Cherryade because it's the only drink in Britain that tastes just like soda from back home in Zimbabwe.

her sister was interviewed on the Big Brother website and said that she really does love Cherryade because it's the only drink in Britain that tastes just like soda from back home in Zimbabwe.

Hmm, maybe then... But I think a potential contestant going in there who wants to maximise their potential reward from the show would definitley be thinking somewhat along those lines. (Always surprised me that Nadia didn't endorse quit-smoking products.)

OK, so Makosi's a dolt, no question, but she does know that the more daft she acts, the more the public will like her. And ultimately, that means she's more marketable in the outside world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭c3van5

I love makosi, just for her arguments with roberto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I LOVE MAKOSI, SHES BIG AND BOLD AND BOOTYLICOUS! Yep lovin' her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Applejuice

i love makosi! she's so nice and was SOO funny the first week on her mission!. Saskia, Maxwell and Anthony are my faves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Makosi rules! I hope she wins

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Havnt watched Big Brother at all since the first nite really
    but I tell ya one thing I know

Makosi - Yeah ya would !!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I actually quite like. A little bit crazy but at least she's fun to watch.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I think she's great. Her talking to Science the other night, taking the pee out of him being from the ghetto, was just hilarious. At least she has a personality unlike some of the other girls in there.

She was my fav. (now max is), but i still reallly like her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Makosi's alright. I just wish they'd edit out her screams/laughs. They're painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

Makosi has deffo emerged as a front runner in this over the last few days .. watching the live stream for a bit yesterday, and it gives you real taste of the housemates .. she was great, seems to be the one everyone relies on, she has a real voice. I don't quite know what happened over the 'cider swapping incident' but there was no way she was gonna let that one go.

Maxwell has targeted himself after doing that .. dumb move .. there's no room for selfishness in the house, and the rest were v peed off .. it was funny at the time to swap the chicken for cider, but he should have thought about the consequences ..

Makosi overhearing that Anthony is just using her for votes ... she's determined to get him back for that ... ooohhh her revenge will be sweet. You go Girl! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

OMG you are joking, never heard that last bit about Anthony. Who was Anthony telling this to... Maxwell? OMG she'll kill him, hes evil, ahh missed BBLB, wont know what happened til 2nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 feliwilli

Get a fecking life and watch something else because all bb is is a moronic picture of the degradation of our society, as if peoplr who watch bb would actually understand what i just said

Actually its great, it really shows how ppl cope when put in certain situations! Its great to see how the human mind reacts!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

feliwilli wrote:
    Get a fecking life and watch something else because all bb is is a moronic picture of the degradation of our society, as if peoplr who watch bb would actually understand what i just said

Well if you used proper spelling and punctuation we might be might be able to understand your drivel. :rolleyes:

B.

• Advertisement

Actually its great, it really shows how ppl cope when put in certain situations! Its great to see how the human mind reacts!

I think the first series definitely was more of a psychological experiment, and made it much more watchable as a result. The second, third and fourth series had much less of that and not even the rich/poor divide made for much of a psychological study (but I doubt it was ever intended to do that anyway.)

Fifth series was much more fun in terms of the housemates 'playing the game'. Seemed to have more of the psychological experiment going on as well.

This year, IMO, everything from Room 101 to the unlucky housemate stuff, while great craic to watch (considering they're not as interesting a bunch as late year), is still not as much of an experiement on human interaction as that very first year was.

But then maybe that's cos most of them now know what to expect - and no one in the house on the very first year knew what it would be like. (Channel 4 and Endemol's intention to skew the audience younger - to boost voting lines, no doubt - also had the effect of ensuring there'd always be younger housemates and a focus on sex. I'd kind of like to see a house filled with a fairly accurate mix of people from across the UK and Ireland, and across the age and 'class' brackets - funny thing is, I bet that *then* the sparks would really fly...)

Advertisement