Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makosi - Anyone like her?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

doh.ie wrote:
    I'd kind of like to see a house filled with a fairly accurate mix of people from across the UK and Ireland, and across the age and 'class' brackets - funny thing is, I bet that *then* the sparks would really fly...)

I'd love to see that too. The problem now is that all the contestants are only too well aware of what's going on and they are just using BB as a platform for their media careers. It could never be a social experiment anymore. Which is a pity as it just tends to attract very extreme and quite false people.

I remember in the first couple of years they used to do the psychology show and analyse how the the housmates were coping. It used to be a very interesting insight into human behaviour. Now the psychology show is just a token jestour. BB is just entertainment now but I would love to see a house full of fairly normal people for a change.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

To me she is just a self important selfish exhibitionist who is devious and sly. Anyone want to post any good qualities, if they noticed them?

Sorry. Which housemate are you referring to?

TBH, does anyone really give a toss? It's BB ...... and to be avoided like the plague. What's even worse than the idiots on the show is the millions of idiots that will watch it religiously.

Lemming wrote:
    TBH, does anyone really give a toss? It's BB ...... and to be avoided like the plague. What's even worse than the idiots on the show is the millions of idiots that will watch it religiously.

Why do so many tools like yourself insist on coming onto forums that are specifically for a subject and then start b1tching about it? :rolleyes:

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

BaZmO* wrote:
    Which is a pity as it just tends to attract very extreme and quite false people.

Yep. The vast majority of those applying are only seeking 'fame' or potential TV presenting careers (thank God most fail at that). The selection process needs to be very different and designed to weed out the very ones they seem to be picking. (As entertaining as Kamal is and Nadia was, there's still an attention-seeking loud quality to housemates like that, which you don't find too often in the real world. I suppose C4 are afraid ordinary people won't be very entertaining. Well, their ratings this year, while good, are dropping since launch and Celebrity Love Island beat it several times after its own slow start.)

As for the selection process, take Craig this year. His 60 seconds audition for producers: "I hate people, I don't get along with anyone, so many people are f***in' lowlifes, I can't stand those who sit on their a*ses all day etc etc." If you were to edit it so you'd go from that to his blubbering, "I refuse to allow my character to be dimished, I refuse!", you'd never think it was the same person. So Endemol have to accept that people seem to know what they are looking for and can hoodwink them into getting on the show. Endemol would be wiser to try for a real representation of the public and then use the show's format (tasks, clever tricks/twists) to let the show be entertaining.

For me, BB has never surpassed the strength of the first series' confrontation of 'Nasty' Nick. They were all very ordinary people and yet that ordinary interaction is what made it compelling TV (not some guy running around in high heels with a daft veil, or forced dating games.) The episode where Nick was found out was sheer classic TV - the more they try to make the housemates entertaining, the less of an experiment it becomes and the more forced - and false - everything the housemates do seems to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ali!!

Makosi is a ride!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Makosi = MORON. FUll stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

The one thing that annoys me about her is how so has to go into long explanations to get her point across and every so often says "Do you understand what I am saying?". Her fake crying every time she will get in trouble is also annoying such as the time she broke the egg, but overall she is a great character

Anyone who refers to themselves in the third person ("Makosi is sorry") should be hung from the ceiling by the nipples until they COP THE F#CK ON....my God, what an absolute tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I couldnt stand her up until this little mission of hers began ... then she went up a little in my estimation, but not much.

Doh.ie i agree that this year house mates care too much about fame and television appearance. they're very very aware of the cameras all the times, where as 1-5 saw them, took notice for a few days and then forgot about them. This lot are worried about how they're seen on TV, how BB is being edited, how much they'll make afterwards, what they'll do afterwards. Any other year sometimes those things were touched on but not harped on about all the time.

Sam, Craig and Vanessa are 3 of the housemates that are nothing like their auditioin tapes. Vanessa only got in because she was coached by Marco from last year. Since she got in she's been a waste of space and airing time on the TV.

Whatever fools, Makosi is playing psychologically. She refers to herself in the third person because her name will be synonimous (sp?) with BB in everyone's head whenever BB is mentioned. Its a conscious effort by her to instill in our our subconscious to remember her name with regards BB and elect her the winner.

I dont particularly like BB this year. I wasnt a fan of last year or 4 either but I watched them all and am still watching this one. If only to see if it can be rescued from crashing and burning.

[QUOTE=Bamboozled

Sam, Craig and Vanessa are 3 of the housemates that are nothing like their auditioin tapes. Vanessa only got in because she was coached by Marco from last year. Since she got in she's been a waste of space and airing time on the TV.

Whatever fools, Makosi is playing psychologically. She refers to herself in the third person because her name will be synonimous (sp?) with BB in everyone's head whenever BB is mentioned. Its a conscious effort by her to instill in our our subconscious to remember her name with regards BB and elect her the winner.

Ah ha ha ha - no no no...

Much as id love to go along with that suggestion - there is no way that she has either the intelligence or the knowledge to do something like that. She speaks about herself in the third person because shes a ****ing idiot.

You seriously telling me that shes only started doing it since she went into the house? Again - no no no...shes just so self obsessed and selfish that she does it so as to draw attention to the fact that she has feelings, opinions etc and dont even get me started on that STUPID pretend crying in the diary room - its not even crying its more heavy breathing...AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH i just HATE her.

Nice idea and all but not her, no I refuse to even consider it. Perhaps if it was Derek then maybe...(ass hole and all that he is, theres no denying he has a game plan and the intelligence to use it)...I pray he hunts Makosi down when theyre all out and put us all out of our misery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The more I watch of Makosi the more I honestly believe she is a plant by BB to stir it up. Can't put my finger on exactly why I feel it but everything she does seems to be a little 'too' knowing and pre-meditated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Not to mention her being picked twice for very important secret tasks...

That said, if she was a plant by producers, one thing would be very different. She would have chosen Kinga and one of the others, not the two losers she did choose. Kinga would have brought new life to the show - not least by rowing with Saskia - and really made it worth watching. As it stands, they've wound up with two more people who will add little to it.

I'm also a little puzzled why they didn't hold over the entry of the two new housemates to the real house until a live show on Wednesday, drum up some interest etc., instead of letting it happen last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ya Kinga would have been great!

On the live feed Vaneesa said she really picked great ppl, A 'funny' guy to piss off max and a hot girl to compete with Saskia!

Pigman II wrote:
    The more I watch of Makosi the more I honestly believe she is a plant by BB to stir it up. Can't put my finger on exactly why I feel it but everything she does seems to be a little 'too' knowing and pre-meditated.

Yeah. I was thinking the exact same when watching it last night. I'd imagine it's just a coincidence though that she was picked for the 2 major tasks.

Although the 2 tasks did come with a lot of power. She got to choose who went out of the house first and now she got to choose who came into the house. Even if she isn't a plant she must under the illusion that she is by now.

What was the deal with Saskia giving loads to Makosi about, "not being no Jordan!!"??

I wouldn't consider that as an insult, I'd actually consider it as a compliment tbh!

B.

Whatever fools, no i dont believe Makosi only started the third person thing since she went into the house. She's been doing a lot of it outside too would be my guess. She's very psychologically based and it was clear at the start in her conversations she had with Mary.

Dont underestimate the fact that she's a woman. Women can play innocent but be cunning, conniving little so-and-so's too. Its not an insult to women so dont slate me - I'm a woman myself, but I am looking at it in reality.

A Jordan comment was a retort to Saskia for calling Makosi's boobs fake and Makosi said something like Saskia thinks she'll be the next Jordan bacause of BB fame and would milk (no pun intended!) the situation and her big boobs . Thats the general drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rock yr sox off

I love Makosi!!shes such a legend her audition tape was a bit weird but since then shes become d best person in d house!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I like makosi, but she is starting to do things which are starting to needle me.

why did she say that she picked the two secret garden dwellers out of ten people. and why is she trying to convince the others that anthony and maxwell really did vote and are telling lies when they say that they were banned from voting.

Fair enough in her tasks she had to tell lies or act in a way that isnt normal to her, but she has started to lie to her own team mates for no aparant reason.

She's doing that because she's now showing tru colours too. Everyone is beginning to, including Anthony being snipy and bitchy before nom's were announced, and now after separating himself from max, sas and craig.

I hope True colours wins bb this year. Its the only thing consistent lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I think she brings a certain something to the house! No-one else is deliberately stirring things up so she feels she has to. Just because she is surrounded by gullible fools who lap up everything she says doesn't mean she has to conform.

I like her. Love the fact that she is being called the unluckiest housemate. I think the reverse is true. She is the luckiest housemate as she has held quite a bit of power since day one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Makosi is fab - she's entertaining and smart. Her secret mission to look after the Secret Garden Housemates was perfect for Makosi - it gave her a chance to wind up with other housemates with the missing cider, etc. I don't think any of the others would have stirred things up quite as well as she did!

• Advertisement

She's frighteningly dangerous at playing with peoples heads. People out in the real world watching arent even sure of her any more and a lot of her "fans" have dropped her after tonights (Sat night) antics and premeditated plan to get Max and Anthony.

I cant imagine or dont even want to imagine how people insdie the house are feeling. If we see her head-f*cking out here, how unsure are the housemates inside feeling about it? I dont think a lot can see how dangerous she is, but some have caught on.

Kemal was correct in talking ot the Diary Room about her and how unsure he was of her, her game, what she's doing all the time, her lies and how he's not sure she's even her friend. I cant blame him for that - Afterall she has had a bi*ch about each person in her Diva grouping, and about those outside it that are trying to stay independent from any group. Everyone knows that she has been doing it about Team Smug too, so no one is safe.

She has even begun to do it to Orlaith, who she admits she loves because they have so much in common.

No one is safe from her mind-bending.

Advertisement