Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rivers- Physical geography

Options
  • 02-06-2005 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I'm doing Waterfalls, V-shaped Valleys and mans influence on the Rhone. I'm a little confused over the deposition feature on a river. I was thinking of doing meanders and oxbow lakes but these are features of deposition and erosion. I think I can remember my geography teacher telling me that there was some kind of restriction on it. Does anyone know what the story with meanders and ox-bow lakes for the feature of deposition is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Only Human wrote:
    I'm doing Waterfalls, V-shaped Valleys and mans influence on the Rhone. I'm a little confused over the deposition feature on a river. I was thinking of doing meanders and oxbow lakes but these are features of deposition and erosion. I think I can remember my geography teacher telling me that there was some kind of restriction on it. Does anyone know what the story with meanders and ox-bow lakes for the feature of deposition is?

Ok its a year since I did my leaving so I'm a bit sketchy but I'm almost certain that ox-bow lakes were features of BOTH depostion and erosion. Not sure about meanders though... never liked them but I think meanders are only a feature of erosion.... not sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Ok its a year since I did my leaving so I'm a bit sketchy but I'm almost certain that ox-bow lakes were features of BOTH depostion and erosion. Not sure about meanders though... never liked them but I think meanders are only a feature of erosion.... not sure though.
    Meanders are both erosion and deposition. I think I'll just do floodplains instead. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Go for Meanders as your process of depostion my friend. They are erosional and depositional, but nobody actually ever uses them for features of erosion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I heard something about this as well.... like that you aren't allowed to do ox-bow lakes cuz they are both processes of erosion and deposition.... that leaves me well f*cked if rivers comes up.....already had to change to another feature......I really don't like geography (only comfort - after the exam I will never have to do it again..........EVER..........muhahahahahaha!!!!!

sorry.........really don't like the subject....

:)

Advertisement