Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Irish tips here please....

Options
  • 02-06-2005 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

ok, basically alot of luck depends on the paper. well thats my thoughts anyway. im at abit of a loss as to what stories to learn. fiosracht mna and clann lir werent up last yr so im thinking there will come up but lasair coille or amuigh liom fein or of course gafa could still be the compulsory q... what to do. .

any of ye nice ppl got any predictions from teachers etc on pros section. i know i should learn all five but im so damn lazy and theres also the time issue!!

im thinking poetry-treall,faoilean and claon me mo cheann
    then ur chnoc and cath cheim an fhia.
    thats my thoughts on the poetry anyways....

Comments

Have you looked at this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I'm rightly screwed for Irish. I havn't even opened a book yet for it. I might get by on the essay, but for all of the poems and stories I'm completely screwed. I don't even know what the paper's like. Is there a letter aswell or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

If you're doing H Irish I assume you have a fairly good grasp of the language, going on that heres my tip.

Take an A4 sheet for Each poem. Write a couple of lines on the themes and images . Divide the remainder of it in too, Irish , Eng . Do a list of important vocab that you could use to structure your answer. If you can write one poetry answer you can write them all if you have the correct vocab and you know the story of the poem. I hope this helps!!

Advertisement