Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that puppy!

Options
  • 02-06-2005 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my partner got ourselves a puppy today. It's a cross between a Cairn Terrier and a Pomoranian. We're stumped for what to name it but are pretty sure a Scottish name would be good.

It's a girl, by the way ... here she is: (click images to enlarge)

Pic1-small.jpg
    Pic2-small.jpg
    Pic3-small.jpg

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

PS... Our current idea (which may well stick) is to simply call her "Bonnie", as she's a 'Bonnie wee lass...'

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jessie tbh

Ya Big Jessie [Big Yin mode]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭1

How big will she get? Out of interest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Get to know her personality first and then name her.

1 wrote:
    How big will she get? Out of interest....
    They stay fairly small. At a year old she'll be practically full size... which will be just under a foot tall and just over a foot and a half long (snout to tail).

After discussion, the missus is currently favouring the name "Minnie".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

How about Callie, Ellie, Izzie, or Gilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Damn if it was a male you coulda called it "the balls"
    As in this is my dog, he's the balls.

But as for a helpful suggestion:
    http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/names/

And the name of the dog is....

Sasha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

That was a bit of a let-down!!! :p

Good luck with her - I had a pom/terrier mix for 20 years... he was a really great housedog & loving pet.

Mh, I don't know if it's a small dog thing or just a pom thing but our old pom / terrier mix and our current pom / dash mix both had this thing about bigger dogs... like a 'I'm so gonna get your ankles dude' kinda way... but if another small dog walks past they're fine... I don't know if it's in the breed or they just had/have a huge complex for looking like short girly-dogs :confused:

Uh... it's probably the latter. Our current pom/dash has already gone through several expensive months on doggy prozac for her anxiety. The vet wanted to supplement it with therapy... but I'm sorry, if I don't have time for therapy then neither does the dog!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dumble

Thats just small dogs for ya :) I have had two small (jack russel & a pom) and two big (a mix and my current dog which is a Golden Retriever) and both the small ones had issues with big dogs....not the pom as much but I know other pom's that HATE big dogs :)
    Cute puppy...get a good grounding of training as both poms and cairn terriors need to know whose boss in the house :)
    Dumble
    P.S. Sasha is a nice name :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement