Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver - help I can't connect

• 02-06-2005 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

Can anyone help me with this before I call help line ?
    I got email from UTV with my username, password, etc. and information they gonna send me modem in a next few days.
    I already have bought all in one D-Link DSL-G604T wireless ADSL router (built in adsl modem) so I was happy that I can set up my connection today.
    I put in configuration (via local web at http://192.168.1.1) my username, password, everything seems to be ok, but I do not have internet.
    Lan connection between device and my laptop is fine (both wireless and through cable).
    On the device, according to manual, ADSL led is fine - negotiation process has been settled.
    Everything looks cool, but it is not - where is the internet ? :-)
    In the tools menu of router I have connection status link, and when I check it says its disconnected, but at the home page of the router set up it says "connected" - so what the hell is connected or disconnected ?

Thats my home page of the device:

System Uptime 0 hour(s) 2 minute(s)
    DSL Status Connected
    DSL Speed 128 Kbps Upstream, 1024 Kbps Downstream
    LAN IP Address 192.168.1.1
    Ethernet Connected
    DHCP Server Running
    Software Version V1.00B02T02.UK.20040618

Seems fine to me, but internet is not working, I think there must be communication between my device and provider because the router "knows" my connection speeds.

If you can gimme any ideas how to solve this problem, or any example of your configuration/settings (I tried both ppoa and ppoe and its all the time the same), I will apperciate.

THX Cya :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

before anyone starts to answer , can you confirm if UTV internet have activated your line ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kolik

I ordered service last week or so, and today I have received an email from them :

"Dear xxx... your account is now active so you can start using your broadband access now..."" then there is about dispatch of my modem, username, password etc.

So it looks like active, huh ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

is the router set to obtain a gateway or ip address automatically ?

post a screen shot of the setting page etc

About your question Formatman: I dont see even that function there :(
    I'll try to post those pics later, maybe this router is no good for this service (doubt it), eh, thanx anyway for help, no fast internet tonight... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Check that you have the UTV settings as listed at I'm providing my own ADSL router/modem, what are the settings I need to use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

iano wrote:
    Yes, be sure to check the VPI/VCI settings. When I got my DLINK DSL-300G+ modem, the default vpi/vci was incorrect

All I have from them is one page of bull****s ;-) and login and password :)
    Of course I put them into router..
    Can you tell me correct VPI/VCI for UTV Clicksilver 1mb/s ?

My WAN setup is like that:

PPPoE
    NAT and Firewall set ON
    VPI 0
    VCI 38
    QoS UBR
    MTU 1400

and few other ones but im sure not important (keep alive time, etc.)

And my DSL setup is: MMODE
    (there are to choose also T1413, GDMT, GLITE)

Thats all, Its easy simple menu and I think there is nothing else I can change to get my internet working.

Cya :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kolik wrote:
    All I have from them is one page of bull****s ;-) and login and password :)
    Of course I put them into router..
    Can you tell me correct VPI/VCI for UTV Clicksilver 1mb/s ?

My WAN setup is like that:

PPPoE
    NAT and Firewall set ON
    VPI 0
    VCI 38
    QoS UBR
    MTU 1400

and few other ones but im sure not important (keep alive time, etc.)

And my DSL setup is: MMODE
    (there are to choose also T1413, GDMT, GLITE)

Thats all, Its easy simple menu and I think there is nothing else I can change to get my internet working.

Cya :)

If you checked the link StiofanD gave you you will find:

Driver: PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Set up type: LLC

and the MTU for utv is 1492.

Thanx guys that was brilliant, its working !!!
    VPi, VCI - that was making error, defaults in my D-link was different that should be (exacly like dub45 pasted).
    Thanx a lot once again :-) Yuuupie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Nice to see it working but you suffer from what i have in that i never RTFM :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement