Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoplait Everybody Vs. Danone Actimel

• 02-06-2005 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Which do you prefer, sufficient interrest will result in a poll

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

any plain natural yoghurt would be better

or yakult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

Actimel... just not the original ones in the white bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm amazed at the amount of people who buy into these.
    They are marketed so well, used buzz phrases like "L Casei immunitas".
    What a lot of balls!! It's just youghurt, and its properties have been known to be good for years and years.
    There's almost a near placebo affect, and people who drink it believe they are doing their body good (which of course they are, but they believe it more than anything else).
    Some people religiously drink these things.
    It's really facinating from a marketing point of view... foodstuffs these days are just healthy obsessed to satisfy the market.... heck, even Coca Pops are being marketed as healthy!! I never thought I'd see the day!

Think I'll just stick to the yop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

Hey Whiskeyman,

I totally agree with you. I do think it's all a marketing ploy. A question to ask is were we any unhealthier before these products arrived on the market?

Natural yoghurt has the same calming effects, add in some fruit and you've got a cheap and nutritious dessert. It's ridiculous to see people buying yoghurts already prepared with fruit. Many of them have so much added sugar, preservatives etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Those things are mad expensive for what you get. I've seen Danone Actimel being used as a marketing case study as an example of a product that really isn't needed but marketed successfully to people by convincing them of it's good effects/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

These are crap. The scientific mumbo jumbo that they are marketed with doesn't tell you that you'd need to drink about 30 of them before you got enough of the supposed ingredients to make a real difference.

You can get the same thing in a pill in any health shop with enough content to make a real difference for about the price of 2 packets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Is it true that you shouldn't take pro-biotic food unless you've just been on a course of anti-biotics? Someone told me that, but they were being quite smug so I didn't much feel like believing them.

What are the benefits of taking the pro-biotic yogurts anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There are benefits to taking pro-biotics. They have been shown to aid in the treatment and management on bowel diseases such as IBS, ulcers, Crohn's disease. Have a loot at the UCC Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre's website

But it is dubious whether Actimel and co actually provide the bacteria in sufficient quantities as to be any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Thanks, dudara! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Actimel is a great hangover cure!

• Advertisement
Advertisement