Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (O)

Options
  • 02-06-2005 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

OK I've been told that the OL paper is pretty predictable, so what do you think is coming up, I;ve been told faolain what else???

Stories and poems please,
    I;ve done no work for it, but i am going to do a bit over the weekend so please tell me whats likey to come up and what to study tnx ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

All stories, and poems come up in one shape or form.

poetry

part A
    answer a or b

a - poem 1
    b - poem 2

part B

pick one out of the other three poems and which one (six given) describes it best.

same goes for the stories...

i'd say the most predictable thing on the irish paper is the question

"is mhaith leat an dán/aiste seo?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

ok for stories what has come up so far..

2004: an lasiar choille/ fiosracht mná
    2003: amuigh liom fein/ gafa
    2002: clann lir/an lasair choille
    2001: anuigh liom fein/ gafa

i dont have any more but does ANYONE have any of the years after that.. as for poetry i havnt looked them up yet..i should be finished revising the sotries by tomorrow, im leaving out clann lir cos i cant hack it!

as for poetry i have to get that done this weekend..
    i have problems with the letter and story so i need to work on that.. im gonna learn off some descriptive sentences etc my teacher told us that there are a certain amount of marks going for describing the weather etc..

im really not sure whats going to come up.. thats why im learning four in detail, i mean learn about the characters, themes and key aspects so you can talk about the story from one point onwards etc. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭claires friend

dont mind him,

Faoilean will certainly not be present - poet was involved in paedophelia scandal

I am not too sure, dont worry about it
    study a bit about hte poets,
    just take in what they are/do in english u will be able to translate it in there

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

Faoilean, I've heard loads of things about owl Micheal, I'm going to take the chance that he might come up, coz i could get him studies in 1/2 and hour, So it's worth the risk,

Don't believe everything you hear, I seen that it was in the Irish times but it could just be some alligations and maby he was not convicted of it.

Advertisement