Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk in there on Wednsday and Fight

Options
  • 02-06-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

THis is just a note to everyone doing the Leaving Cert,
    You need to remember that you control your destiny with The Leaving Cert,
    Its up to you, on the day you need to do some study eat a good breakfast and listen to one longish song which motivates the hell out of you and walk into that exam hall with your head held high, Take your chance to shine, remember THe examiner sees your script as a script and simply that, he doesnt care if u have dossed all year or licked the teachers ass, so prove to him that you are an excellent student regardless, dont have the examiners guessing your ability or rely on them reading between the lines(except for eng essay) show them what you know and bring your points home, Put all of the study/homework/listening to teacher over the last six years to use, you can all go and do better then you have ever done before just have fate have confidence, dont fret on the day, if you mess up 1 q dont panic if the rest of your anwers or good you WILL get the mark you deserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I knew I shouldn't have done T.Y, I wouldn't be here right now if I didn't. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

hi incrdiblebulk
    i agree. our ty year was a waste of time. we coulda been through this by now. although i am not sure i wouldve been ready last year either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

thanks clairesfriend!! I plan on eating only brainfood for the next two weeks and getting 8hours sleep if i can then going into those exams and writing my ass off (doesnt make sense) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

yeah TY was really a watse of time but i would of kicked up had i not been able to do it...just for something to kick up about hehe. this has to be the worst week of our lives....i have to admire everyone's motivation and determination...its kinda rubbing off me!! thanks clairesfriend for the nice words of advice hopefully they will stand to you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The human body can go 24 hours without sleep before the brain begins to slug. So getting lots of sleep will not help you in any way.

But do get up early and shower, it makes you feel fresh and you whud b in good spirits. Also the weekend ebfore try to get your sex on as tests show that sex releaves alot of stress chemicals and stimulates the brain for ages afterwards.

• Advertisement

i heard that too!! you character! but not that i wud complain about advice like that!! is it true that 24 hours til the brain slugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I'll be listening to "Eye of the tiger all week!"

thats a deadly song to listen to!! good thinkin batman!! i remember that from the wesley days! lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭claires friend

My favourite is oxygen by willy mason, check it out

The human body can go 24 hours without sleep before the brain begins to slug. So getting lots of sleep will not help you in any way.

hmmm, well my body cant so i see no point in burning the candle at both ends when we've days of exams that go 9-5 :)

• Advertisement

now now shyster!! he was only offering his opinion, imo i know that i get tired really easily so il be in bed by 9 most nights. even when i do go to bed early i still find myself tired...its like im constantly tired...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Best song to listen to is "Any way you Want it" by Journey. It'll make you feel invincible no matter how down you're feeling!..

i like this conversation!! anymore songs ppl think will motivate them or cheer them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Yeah, Butterflies And Hurricanes by Muse is class, listen to the words, it's a great motivator and perfect for the LC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Morning. I find the same songs that get me pumped up for football, get me pumped up for anything.

/Enter heavy metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I find it weird how people always recommend a 'good nights sleep', it differs for everyone, all my friends need at least 8 hours sleep to function properly, but I tend to work okay on just 4/5 hours sleep. Also I know it is often unadvised to cram like mad the night before but I work a hell of a lot better if I do and I'm thankful in the exam the next day. I'm not bringing an argument on, I'm merely trying to let you know that different things work for different people.

Also yes I always find a shower nice and refreshing in the morning, and music, always music, it can get you in the mood for anything. Aswell as the songs already mentioned I'd include Stereophonics - Superman, The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army, Hardest Button to Button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

You got that from the Indo supplement didn't you?

I am going to listen to Scissor Sisters and Dvorák. Odd combination I know. But they are what motivates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

TY waste of time?! spent the year beering! theres nothing like taking school off and going to a friends house and have a few bevies.

Best year of my life to date and im not a complete waster. expecting <450 points :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I myself will be doing LC this year [ at the ripe old age of 24 lol ] , anywho i'm gonna take my minidisc with me loaded up with eminem ^-^ Listening to Mockingbird will really relax me and get me prepared... if i cba to do that, gonna just listen to " Just a Day " by Feeder :) that song rules if u wanna be up for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I myself will be doing LC this year [ at the ripe old age of 24 lol ] , anywho i'm gonna take my minidisc with me loaded up with eminem ^-^ Listening to Mockingbird will really relax me and get me prepared... if i cba to do that, gonna just listen to " Just a Day " by Feeder :) that song rules if u wanna be up for anything.

God, I love that song sooooo much - just makes you feel really good!
    Gotta get a CD of all this mtivational stuff!!!

:)

• Advertisement

pat benatar -hit me with you best shot is a good one too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Haha, I'll try get my hands on a copy of "Eye of the Tiger" before Wednesday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I have "Eye of the Tiger" on CD (you guys are the only people I've told that to LOL!) - but seriously it motivites the hell outta me!

And best of luck to all you guys! Remember that if its a thing you haven't put in the work this year and don't get the points you want there are other options - believe me I know!

R.D wrote:
    I have "Eye of the Tiger" on CD (you guys are the only people I've told that to LOL!) - but seriously it motivites the hell outta me!
    But where can I get it? Aaaaaahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Fishie wrote:
    But where can I get it? Aaaaaahh

Fishie if you've MSN messenger I'll try to sent to you through there. Let me know!

R.D wrote:
    Fishie if you've MSN I'll try to sent ut to you through there. Let me know!
    Thanks so much, but I can't use MSN anymore because last summer I somehow jammed it so it logged me in every time the computer was turned on - this is my Dad's work computer so he was getting really pissed off with messages from my friends popping up the whole time! Consequently, he won't let me reinstall MSN *grumpgrrrrrarghwhinge*
    I'll see if I can get my brother to get it for me, but thank you for offering!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

why would you all listen to such ****ty music before the exams? then you'll just have this **** song stuck in your head for the whole thing and you'll fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Creamy

dross wrote:
    why would you all listen to such ****ty music before the exams? then you'll just have this **** song stuck in your head for the whole thing and you'll fail.

Drama queen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

It's true, you will.

• Advertisement

we have a problem, its the final countdown, do do do doo... has been stuck in my head since yday morning- DO NOT START SINGING IT, it may take over your mind

Advertisement