Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waaaaaaay cool software!

Options
  • 03-06-2005 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Check out Long Range Shooting Simulation!!!
    There's even an on-line demo!!!
    Run it full screen!

How cool is that???

The un-cool bit?
    This-
    We cannot ship outside of the US and Canada
    Due to the US State Department's International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR Part 121 , page 435 CATEGORY IX MILITARY TRAINING EQUIPMENT, which could be interpreted to include training simulations, sales of the Long Range Shooting Simulation will be limited to US and Canadian addresses only.

Feck! :(

Anyone going to the States any time soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

Awesome software. I must find a way of getting it.

Thanks for the great link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

great link , I found that site about 3 years ago and lost the link , thanks , they have upgraded it , I wouldnt mind a go with the real thing ... Excellent simulation out to 2000 yds. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

How does the MIL dot ranging work, I can't figure it out. Maths is not my strong point.

If you go to the site link , there is a tutorial on how to calculate the range using the Mil dots , but remember to only use the scope on 10X otherwise it doesnt work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Some scopes e.g. Schmidt & Bender, have the reticle located on the first focal plane which removes the zoom issue.

http://www.bushnell.com/customer_service/manuals/riflescopes/MIL_DOT_generic.pdf

• Advertisement

yes but I think that he was talking about the simulation ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here's another interesting site-
    http://www.eurosimulator.com/

Rovi wrote:
    Here's another interesting site-
    http://www.eurosimulator.com/

Rovi ,
    that has to be the best simulation i have ever seen , where are you finding this stuff ? Its almost as good as the real thing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

If that stuff is under US arms export controls,I would leave well enough alone.
    Unless of course you would fancy a ten year holiday in Club Fed, with an extra special friend :eek: or an inderterminate stay in Guntamno Bay Cuba. :( .They DO take a dim view of people effin around with that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Flattop 15 wrote:
    If that stuff is under US arms export controls,I would leave well enough alone.
    Unless of course you would fancy a ten year holiday in Club Fed, with an extra special friend :eek: or an inderterminate stay in Guntamno Bay Cuba. :( .They DO take a dim view of people effin around with that stuff.
    Precisely the reason I'm NOT asking my American friends to get this for me.

Probably best to leave well enough alone, as you say.
    Perhaps some day, when the U.S. isn't on permanent red alert, this stuff will become available for export.

Perhaps.................

• Advertisement
Advertisement