Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tattoos do you have?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Other - Describe
    i went in at lunch time but he was a bit busy ill be dropping in tomorrow the guy there said he will be workin
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

niptuck wrote:
    The way I look at it is I am Irish so why go around getting the likes of foreign type tattoos on my body!!?? (japanese, chinese writing, Maori etc)...

Thats a fair point but it can lead to a cultural superiority or form of exclusivness. What's stopping non Irish people from getting celtic tattoos? I have seen people who obviously weren't Irish with celtic bands and it didn't make we want to question their right to have it. The celtic band has a universal appeal and meaning.

Ok with Maori tattoos it is different. Ta moko tattoos have a meaning that are unique to a particular family line or tribe and should only be worn by people who understand this connection because to do so can offend maoris.

What about the tribal-celtic style of tattoos? Mixing up say the Pacific Islander style of tattoos or tribal style with celtic symbolism. Tattoos are universal and don't belong exclusively to any one race.

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lizzyitis

Tribal
    dSTAR wrote:
    Thats a fair point but it can lead to a cultural superiority or form of exclusivness. What's stopping non Irish people from getting celtic tattoos? I have seen people who obviously weren't Irish with celtic bands and it didn't make we want to question their right to have it. The celtic band has a universal appeal and meaning.Tattoos are universal and don't belong exclusively to any one race.

Declan

I never said they belong to anybody or any race. I got the tattoo for the reason I stated above. Its my reason and my right to get what I feel means more to me. Nothing more nothing less...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Other - Describe
    I have a crappy skull on my arm I'm gonna get covered up soon with something I really like

I'm looking to get a Kokopelli done on my left arm around my shoulder but I got quoted 140e when I went to get it done on Monday (it's only gonna be around 4 inches high if even and only flat black) so I'll be going in next week to get it done...

Here's the pic I'm gonna get done

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lizzyitis

Tribal
    steveland? wrote:
    Here's the pic I'm gonna get done

Hey I like it!! :)

• Advertisement

Other - Describe
    niptuck wrote:
    Hey I like it!! :)
    Thanks man, finally got it done today up in Zulu by Justin... seems like a sound bloke...

I only got the outline done cos it woulda been a bit stressful on my wallet to get the whole thing done at once but I'll go back next week after payday and get it filled in...

I'm gonna keep the wrap on until tomorrow morning so I can't take a very good picture of it at the moment so I'll post up a pic tomorrow :)

Other - Describe
    Well I had a shower their earlier and applied some moisturiser cream to it and cleaned it so I decided to take a pic then... Here 'tis:

Tatt%20After.JPG

Seems a little skewy there but that's just cos of the way the camera is... fill will be done next week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

steveland? wrote:
    Well I had a shower their earlier and applied some moisturiser cream to it and cleaned it so I decided to take a pic then... Here 'tis:

Tatt%20After.JPG

Seems a little skewy there but that's just cos of the way the camera is... fill will be done next week hopefully

How long did it take to get something like that done? I plan to get a JTHM tatt this summer, or the FFVII comet on my left shoulder blade.

Other - Describe
    acri wrote:
    How long did it take to get something like that done? I plan to get a JTHM tatt this summer, or the FFVII comet on my left shoulder blade.
    That didn't take too long to get done... less than an hour I think... a JTHM tattoo would be cool... or maybe a big Squee on your back ;)

steveland? wrote:
    That didn't take too long to get done... less than an hour I think... a JTHM tattoo would be cool... or maybe a big Squee on your back ;)

I was gonna design it myself, but I saw one done of, well, yknow the big pic at the back of one of the issues of Johnny digging ("What a week, what a great ****ing week")? Yeah, that. Or one of his knives on my forearm. Can't wait to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Glipmac wrote:
    Classic dragon done on my right arm lookin a getting Venom done in my left shoulder what do you guys think good or bad idea?
    here's mine for all to see

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Glipmac/6e72661d.jpg

Got mine yesterday:

Advertisement