Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regional geography

Options
  • 03-06-2005 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I need to divide france up into 3 regions Paris basin the massif central and the nord. What 3 titles should i divide them under?Also do i have to compare all three under each heading or could i write about the differences between paris and the massif centrals agriculture and then compare and contrast the nords and paris's industries?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Best way is to do two paragraphs on each. I'd recomend doing one of the paragraph on each region's physical landscape (i.e. how long it stretches for, the climate/temperatures, the soils, the rainfall, any mountain ranges, rivers in the region etc.) and then another for economy. In the economy one you just go into a bit of detail on agricaulture and economy in the region and why they have thrived/struggled (i.e. great transport links, making the region easily accesible to other core regions across Europe via motorway or TGV train)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jdevlin

but isnt there the rule of 3 thing in geography whereby if it is not stated otherwise they will mark you out of 3 different points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

F*cks sake had this all typed out in detail on Paris basin and Cental Massif and compueter crashed. Lost it all. Couldnt be bothered doing it again.

Paris: Physical geo, climate, industry/agriculture
    Massif: Physical geo, climate, agriculture (you can also say industry is terrible in region if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jdevlin

thanks but dont you have to use 3 regions with france.

What? there is a chance with ANY of them that there will be three. I havent heard that ever before...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

norway role of the sea - anybody got notes on this???

ill put it up tomorrow if i have it im sure i do though.

Advertisement