Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Colleges playing Limerick Lions pre season!

Options
  • 03-06-2005 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was at a game the other day where the Limerick Lions took on Bucknell University from the US!

It was poorly advertised except for one ad in a weekday edition of a local paper! But a capacity crowd turned out, even though no info was on the arena's site, basketball ireland's site, the Lions site, or any other lions site!

It was a good game although the americans pulled away in the third quater!
    The Lions had a brand new team with 4 americans and 1 canadian! What the hell like, the one player who was really good (peoples) was off for most of the game!

We where missing our star three pointer (Farrell) and our star player (Jefferies), among other players! A lot of the team was also made up from under 17's limerick team! In all we had about 20 players waiting to get on the court!

Every little thing was sponsered, the game, the after party, the MVP, the tour Bucknell are on! We got our program and it was just full of ads, thank god the newsletter didnt have any... other wise we'd just know whose playing and that we where 'welcome'!

It was good though ... i've missed going to games (it was weird without a tv crew there though, and not knowing most of the team)!

They said there would be 3 more games on during the pre season, but what worries me is that they are going to the US to try and get scolerships etc., hope that our best players stay put!

Do u think Basketball Ireland should advertise these games even though they are not really involved!

BTW i swear the Limerick Lions merchandise has gone up in price, plus they have moved the stand but its near where it used to be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

I went to see Bucknell play killester and they pretty much killed them. Im sure BI would have advertised the game if they were let known about it. The Irish under 20s are playing one of the college allstar teams ( not sure which one big east / acc ect.) their going to get KILLED!

Advertisement