Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Want to transfer Video from DV camcorder to DVD

• 03-06-2005 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have been struggling to transfer a 1 hour video recorded on my Panasonic NVGS21 miniDV camcorder to my PC via Firewire.

I am under the influence that I can convert the video footage on the DV tape to DVD, or better still, straight to my hard drive as an AVI or similar? I would like to edit the footage if possible.

Please, how do I do this???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

if you were in dublin mate id do the conversion for you for free..
    mske as copy of the dv to vhs and send it up ill knock it on to dvd if you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks for the offer Sailorboy.
    Is there anyway I could do this myself? Or do I need some kind of special equipment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

well i do a sideline converting vhs to dvd ..so i just use stand alone hardware. for weddings and that.
    i guess you would need a good capture card for a start.
    ill be in the boozer tonight and ask the mates.. if i can get any info ill pass it on mate cheers

blank dvdr riteks 100 for 40 euro printables .few hundred left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

What do I need exactly? Can I not connect my DV camcorder to Firewire on PC, install "Brand X" sofware, use that to save footage to hard drive, use software to transfer footage to blank DVD.

Please guys, I need help on this as I need to get editing asap. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You can connect the camcorder via firewire, no special software needed to use it. You can easily just use the built in Windows Movie Maker that comes with windows xp to import and edit the footage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Loobz wrote:
    What do I need exactly? Can I not connect my DV camcorder to Firewire on PC, install "Brand X" sofware, use that to save footage to hard drive, use software to transfer footage to blank DVD.

Please guys, I need help on this as I need to get editing asap. Thanks :)

This is what you'll need:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1501&Langue_ID=2

Easiest software of the lot. Costs relatively little, but you need a Pentium 4 wwith a least 512 RAM and possibly a standalone hard drive (but that's only if you want to burn it to a DVD)......but it's worth it!! Remember that captured footage takes up a huge amount of disk space. :D

Advertisement