Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good cheap players?

• 03-06-2005 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Anybody who has come across good cheap players(capable of playing in the premiership) on FM2005, i found a few young players that turn out class

freddy guarin - 18 when game starts,decent stats,buy for about E1.3mil,unreal by end of first season.

Labinot Harbuzi - 18 as well, buy for about E30,000,turns out to be excellent after a season or two.

the theres the usuals which everyone probably know i.e. vincent kompany, nigel de jong, freddy adu

reply with your suggestions for players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mokoena F C 600k - Work Permit can cause trouble
    Vilakazi AM C 575k - Work Permit is no problem(international)

Both at Orlando Pirates, Beware of Real Mardrid and Barca hijacking your bid for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If your a relegation struggler then Hidalgo £120,000 and Omar Daley £2,000 are two that are quite good , work permits should be relatively easy to get .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Playing as Shels at the mo, in fm2005.

Ederson ATM 18/19 yr old from brazil, got him for around 200k(spread over 2 years) and he has won player of the year 3 years running.

Current season stats are played 20, scored 8, assists 20, motm 8

Different players perform on different levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Dempsey wrote:
    Mokoena F C 600k - Work Permit can cause trouble
    Vilakazi AM C 575k - Work Permit is no problem(international)

Both at Orlando Pirates, Beware of Real Mardrid and Barca hijacking your bid for them.

ya have tried to get mokoena on a few occasions for premiership teams but can never get a work permit. is there any way around this or is it just the english league??

When he gets around 10-15 caps for RSA then try, he should get a permit based on the fact that he's a established international.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Got Mokoena when playing as Leeds Utd and Southampton. No probs on the WP. However Newcastle now and cant get him. M

May be the higher profile the team the less likely. Maybe not. Did scout him first on the other two though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

anthony vanden borre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

im Galway Utd and have managed to get the likes of

allsop - £28,000 - scores buckets a goals sfor any small team.
    Freddy Guarin - a snip at £700000 - I managed to get him for Galway spread over two years and helped that i won the league.
    Also managed to get richie partridge when he was released at liverpool.

Can anyone recomend a good goalie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Williams, goalie for Shels is good, Your best bet in the Irish league is to make the 5 loans per season, and make them 12months long, as you get more successful, more players will go on loan to you.

Mainly loaning players from ManU/Villa/Liverpool

Like I said, young attacking midfielder called Ederson is deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

galwaydude wrote:
    Can anyone recomend a good goalie?
    My goalie for Sligo rovers is pretty good. His name is Kenneth O'Malley, and he's still only 18 in 06/07 (possibly 19......I have no memory, you see).

He's a good consistant goalie and he scored two goals on his debut (and my first match) versus Monaghan United! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Andrei Mei 15 yr old defender with Inter

Turned out great for me, think i got him for like 75,000 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

My goalie for Sligo rovers is pretty good. His name is Kenneth O'Malley, and he's still only 18 in 06/07 (possibly 19......I have no memory, you see).

He's a good consistant goalie and he scored two goals on his debut (and my first match) versus Monaghan United! :D
    The goalie scored 2? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    The goalie scored 2? Or am I missing something?
    Nope, you're missing nothing, he scored two. Two kick outs, two goals. Ok, it's not allowed in real football rules, but this is Football Manager after all, and they both stood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

they are allowed when its kicked off the ground so they were two legitimate goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nick Colgan is a pretty good goalie. I had him at Doncaster in the first division and he was very good, the same in my first season in the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Just started as Everton FC.

Lebo got work permit ok.

And adament. The higher profile the team the less chance you have of signining him.

Been Liverpool and Newcastle no cahnce of getting him.

hope it helps.

Any suggestions on a good solid sticker for less than £1.5M??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Try the portugese second division. Try these out, decent players very cheap:
    Filipe Martins
    Hugo Pimenta
    Portulez
    Miguel Ribeiro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Cerci is a good striker, might get him for about 2 million....

Dalli.S wrote:
    Any suggestions on a good solid sticker for less than £1.5M??

Mohammed Zidan - I signed him for Celtic for €2.2M. Goal Machine. I sold him 3 years later when his contract was running out and I got €15M for him from Juventus. I sold him in the january window and at the end of that season he got 1st, 2nd & 3rd on the SPL Goal of the Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

Dempsey wrote:
    Mohammed Zidan - I signed him for Celtic for €2.2M. Goal Machine. I sold him 3 years later when his contract was running out and I got €15M for him from Juventus. I sold him in the january window and at the end of that season he got 1st, 2nd & 3rd on the SPL Goal of the Season.

how much u get him for

• Advertisement

€15m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Live wire

what about Aidan McGeady? he is superb in CM and the players you's guys have been mentioning for FM are all red hot too in CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

simon walton from leeds utd. only 17 but is good and he will improve alot in
    1-2 years

Advertisement