Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phony Callers on Phoneshows

Options
  • 03-06-2005 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

I listen to Adrian Kennedy phoneshow some nights before I go asleep. The other night they were talking about 'Would you put your parent(s) into a nursing home' after the terrible revelations at Leah's Cross Nursing home. They had a caller on called 'Clive' who said he put his father into a nursing home as he couldn't look after him etc. This guy had the typical D4 accent and usual attitude of me, me, me. This wound up a lot of the listeners. Hence they got a lot of callers then on.

But this guy 'Clive' sounded an awful alot like a caller they had on a month or so ago called 'Robbie', I think. He sounded very much like the other, talking about having an Asian girlfriend who did anything he asked..stayed at home, cooked the meals, dressed how he wanted to etc etc. And that he would go out with an Asian rather than an Irish girl blah blah. That night, he also got a lot of calls.

Why I think it is the same guy both times is not just the accent, but the way he argues his point about the topics and tends to try and wind up the other callers. And the type of guy he portrays, I couldn't see a guy like him in the 'real' world listen to The FM104 Phoneshow.

When Niall Boylan was on 98Fm he did the same for a while but I think that was on purpose. That was just ridiculous and people still feel for it and rang in!! (But then he got kicked off the air.)

So I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that and is it a case of shows like Adrian's not getting enough callers that they have to get fake people on?? I dunno, it just annoyed me and I had to switch it off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The phone show has a panel of regulars that they will call on a quiet night to get the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Summer Loving

ye da same man as 'clive' rang in about spending a grand on his girlfriends close so dey look gud 4 him. im a loyal listener but i must agree!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Im always tempted to call and decry all drink drivers as child murdering bastards live on air, after Kennedys recent conviction :)

The man is a knob, his listeners and callers are as bad. "Debates" are merely an over the phone abuse trade between some young skangery scumfcuk and drunk old men complaining about crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mate of mine worked for 98fm years ago and was regularly a caller on whichever of those shows is on the channel, just taking up the opposite position to the majority to stir the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So trolling's not just an internet thing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement