Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new(ish) BMW

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Is it not illegal for Irish people to drive foreign registered cars in the state? I rememeber when they were expecting trouble a few years back the Gardai borrowed two water cannons form Northern Ireland and had to get them registered before they could drive them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

i thought that was more to do with them not wanting northern plates on them for when tthey were on tv/seen by the public etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

From what I can gather C & E probably wouldn't bother with this, as they know it's worth relatively very little to their coffers. From stories I've heard from former regular VRT dodgers it appears they will spend their time chasing someone in a '02 Land Cruiser or Porsche Boxster worth €15k+ in VRT.

Makes sense really - there are a lot of nice new-ish 'worth a lot in VRT' motors knocking around, as opposed to a €315 BMW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Gatster wrote:
    From what I can gather C & E probably wouldn't bother with this, as they know it's worth relatively very little to their coffers. From stories I've heard from former regular VRT dodgers it appears they will spend their time chasing someone in a '02 Land Cruiser or Porsche Boxster worth €15k+ in VRT.

Makes sense really - there are a lot of nice new-ish 'worth a lot in VRT' motors knocking around, as opposed to a €315 BMW.

Thanks Gatster,

How's the Fiesta these days ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Don't own it anymore, well gone mate...didn't realise you were still in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Gatster wrote:
    Don't own it anymore, well gone mate...didn't realise you were still in the country?

Yes unfortuantly, not out of choice though

Advertisement