Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT charges once subscription is cancelled?

• 03-06-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Our BT broadband trial just ended so I called and cancelled the subscription.
    Remembered this morning I needed to upload around 50MB of photos so said I'd chance the DSL connection.

Still works fine so any idea what they'll be charging me for using once our subscription is cancelled?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sending back the modem counts as the final cancelling of the trial.

sending 50Mb implies possession of modem innit :) , better box n ship quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Sponge Bob wrote:
    sending back the modem counts as the final cancelling of the trial.

sending 50Mb implies possession of modem innit :) , better box n ship quick

Makes sense...
    If you cancelled it they would have given you a return address.
    I'd send it asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Tech Pete wrote:
    Makes sense...
    If you cancelled it they would have given you a return address.
    I'd send it asap.

If I remember right, in their T&C it says that you have to cancel the trial by giving a written notice. So you have to send them a letter saying you want to cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

victor8600 wrote:
    If I remember right, in their T&C it says that you have to cancel the trial by giving a written notice. So you have to send them a letter saying you want to cancel.
    I remember readin that alright, pain in the a*se that.
    I rang up and they said they'd cancel it right away, no mention of a letter or anything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

RichyX wrote:
    I remember readin that alright, pain in the a*se that.
    I rang up and they said they'd cancel it right away, no mention of a letter or anything.

Always remember in these cases a telephone call aint worth the paper its written on. Keep a copy of your letter and as for it being a pain in the a*se you have had free bb for a period surely the bother of having to write a short letter to have it cancelled is not asking too much?

And if you have used the service after the expiry of your free trial don't be surprised to find yourself in a contract.

• Advertisement
Advertisement