Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

recording from tv with DV camcorder..

• 03-06-2005 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

i'm trying to capture footage from the tv (gaming moments) but not very successfully..
    at the minute i'm just holding the camera in front of the tv and trying to record but the footage is very 'grainy' with a lot of lines going through..

is there another, better way to do this? are there cables i could buy?

all help appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

most DV camcorders now are DV in enabled , but that only works for computer to camcorder or camcorder to camcorder

Most european models don't have a video in as then under european law the manufacturer has to pay a higher tax as it is classed as video recorder...

by the way, can you not just record them onto VHS !

alternatively buy a cheap DVD recorder in Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

dvd recorder would be too expensive, it's just a small project after all..

i was thinking there would be a way to record via a cable connected to the tv..

the camera is a JVC PC109- are there any other ways of doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Humpty D

Take the scart from your VCR into the "composite in" on your camera.

Advertisement