Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atomic Theory

Options
  • 03-06-2005 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey!

The atomic theory comes up in a chem ques every year! Any one cause any tips on studying it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

The only way to learn it is to open your book, read it and remember what you read. Just read over it and memorise the main points and definitions.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Actually, I'd disagree with the above poster - I'd say the best way to learn it is to do as many questions as you can, you might read the whole chapter but how much of it will go into your head? Do all the questions in your book and the workbook for those chapters, then do the exam papers - try to answer them without looking at the book, then go back and correct yourself - active studying will make you remember it far better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Thanks Fishie!! I actually found the "open the book" advice a bit insulting!!
    I'll do that though! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Well unless you wanna ace just one part of one exam in the leaving cert i think the first option is less time consuming. Seeing as it's a few days before the LC and you don't know how to study something i think the first reply is justified in it's tone.

Advertisement