Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epsom Selections

• 03-06-2005 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

A very tough card, I'll be happy with 2 winners. Anyway here are my picks:

1:45 Sundrop
    2:15 Uhoomagoo (Ridge Boy to place)
    2:50 Spanish Don (Impeller to place)
    3:30 Alkaased
    4:10 Cassydora (if ground changes to good/firm I'll go with Virginia waters instead)
    4:50 Galeota
    5:25 Rajwa

Another horse to note today is Eccentric at 2:50, he is running off 28lb lower than he would be on the all-weather, his turf form has been awful, if he could even get within a stone of his all-weather form he would win today. The big question is IF?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

For anybody like me stuck in work that can't see the racing there is a link to it in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=258558

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Theres one up already. Easy ;)

2.15 No Idea
    2.50 Kew Green ew
    3.30 Yeats (God help me)
    4.10 Virginia Waters (BBC say its good, good to firm in places)
    4.50 Goodricke
    5.25 Not A Clue

Hearing good things about Rosecliff in the 4.25 @ Thirsk, not much value tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

This is one of those days where you can't see past a lot of the obvious choices. Sundrop had ten pounds in hand of her two rivals and unless she was in one of her moods she was always entitled to win.
    I agree with most of Master K's choices...apparently Virginia Waters was in season last time so wasn't in the mood for racing...she's the class act and the form choice today...however the dangers are the dark horses who have come out and won well this season, Cassydora and Something Exciting being two of the main ones.

In the 2.15 I agree with Uhoomagoo just cause of the way he ran on last time...seems to be going the right way and this track will suit.

in the 2.50 I think Kew Green has to to be backed because of the form he's in...you'll probably see a big priced horse get into the places too so you could try an each way on something like Realism or Spring Goddess.

That momtic is a bit good. Won a hard race 4 days ago, going away from them over the line today.

Very funny race that, Momtic won nicely but I'd say there'll be a few unhappy trainers with the rides their horses were given, they let the first few go a long way clear and left themselvers an impossible distance to close turning for home.

At least ridge boy was placed, just about made a profit on that race.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote:
    That momtic is a bit good.

lol

Strange race alright...I think some of those Jockey's showed their inexperience at handling epsom there...

Oh dear

masterK wrote:
    Another horse to note today is Eccentric at 2:50, he is running off 28lb lower than he would be on the all-weather, his turf form has been awful, if he could even get within a stone of his all-weather form he would win today. The big question is IF?

Eccentric wins at 8/1, I wasn't going to bother backing him but when I seen him being supported I had a small bet on him, my main bet Spanish Don was very disappointing.

Fair play to ya MasterK...good reasoning...i stuck with realism for the each way choice so it wasn't a total stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

went with realism too. cheers.

i know he's poo-pooed a lot these days but I'm going with Yeats in the next.

reasons....geared up to be Derby horse last year. needed that run in the Curragh - ground was against him. should see out the distance fine today.

• Advertisement

3:30....I know it's unoriginal but Alkaased would be my nap of the day.....Fancy Bandari run a big race and warsaan will probably chase the nap home...

Well Done Ciaran and Scargill....Delighted yeats won to be honest...No one rides this trak like Fallon.

You have to take your hat off to Fallon, two fantastic rides on Momtic and Yeats, he knew exactly when to kick clear and by the time the others went after him it was too late.

With the form he's in I'm going to be backing Virginia Waters in the Oaks, hope I'm not left to regret changing my mind.

Mr. Fortune was asleep I think....ya'd think they'd learn by now that this is no track for horses that like to come off the pace. ESPECIALLY when they see Fallon making that pace.

great ride - not sure if it was his plan to be in front from the start, was a little worried with 2 left to go but he stayed on really well.

Right so...let's make it a mass boards lump on Virginia Waters.....

Virginia Waters should win the next but going to go with two longer price e/w selections.

Something Exciting

and....

Higher Love - probably outclassed here and isn't too good on firm ground, but Fallon keeps saying its been overwatered so thats good enough for me !!

I wonder why Fallon keeps mentioning the over-watering. is he getting an excuse ready for Virginia ? unlikely I suppose

Virginia Waters didn't get the best of runs and maybe better on a straight track. Still though, the front two did it nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stts

Hello,
    Any tips for the big one tomorrow (epsom) !!

• Advertisement

Oh well, at least that nag at thirsk went in to ease the pain. Hope some of you had a look at it.

Good stuff Ciaran, I totally forgot about it, just put the results up on text and cursed myself.

Even had the good grace to drift out to 11/4

Advertisement