Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gonna finish the history paper??

Options
  • 03-06-2005 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

yeah i so amn't its so bad, why i'm aiming for a C, i basically know a good bit, but i'll never get it all down :( waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Do you think you'll get all 5 essays done?? 6 votes

Yes, I write at the speed of light
    0% 0 votes
    No, my hand hurts already
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I know I won't get the five done! I'm planning on learning just 3/4s of some of the essays I think will come up so as not to waste my time learning things that I'm not even gonna get a chance to write about! Sounds risky, but at this stage I'm desperate. My teacher is probably the worst in the country, he never actually taught us history, just gave us some essay books and told us to learn them! So I'm either gonna get a B or an F. Here's what I HOPE TO GOD will come up:
    A. Michael Davitt
    B. First Inter-Party govt
    C. French 3rd Republic
    D. Russia under Stalin/Cold War
    ....and my research topic. Pray for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

*marie* wrote:
    I know I won't get the five done! I'm planning on learning just 3/4s of some of the essays I think will come up so as not to waste my time learning things that I'm not even gonna get a chance to write about! Sounds risky, but at this stage I'm desperate. My teacher is probably the worst in the country, he never actually taught us history, just gave us some essay books and told us to learn them! So I'm either gonna get a B or an F. Here's what I HOPE TO GOD will come up:
    A. Michael Davitt
    B. First Inter-Party govt
    C. French 3rd Republic
    D. Russia under Stalin/Cold War
    ....and my research topic. Pray for me!
    exactly the same as me, my dear, i'm also hopin for rise of hitler in section D (beaut of an essay!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I know sweet f all history, so turning up for the exam will be an accomplishment in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Hopefully I'll get maybe 4 and a half done. I'll try and get all 5 done if I know them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

And to make it even worse, it's on the same ****in day as business....AARRGGGHH!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

*marie* wrote:
    And to make it even worse, it's on the same ****in day as business....AARRGGGHH!!

with this i can empathise, both subjects require you know a freaking myriad of information. Worse still is learning things off such as definitions in business and quotes in history not to mention who they are by. Ah well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cece1986

we were aloud start ten minutes early last year still under pressure though keep the head down and once you sit down in the exam centre just start writing special topics immediately they can't stop you if they know the present history course although it is an incredible relief to complete the exam its such an indurance test

good luck and keep the spirits high :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

cece1986 wrote:
    its such an indurance test

so true, i thought it was a bit like tech graphics for junior cert. I nearly died at the end of it. The length killed me with my mind focused for so long. The worst feeling will be, if u can't answer 2sections and ur sitting there with an hour to go thinking of nothing.

Advertisement