Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Letters..help..eeeek!

Options
  • 03-06-2005 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

wHoops!

Okay I basically left my notebook with all my german letters in it down in carlow (im in dublin) and I can't go back down to get it before the exam or get anyone to send it to me because my whole family is useless down there n wouldnt be able to find it. err anyone got any nice german letters (honours) they can post here on any theme really?please! Spanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

if look, theres already a thread full of german vocab in a thread called 'german'

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Okie dokie, thanks I'll look...ain't really 'vocab' I'm looking for though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

get some stuff on skool.ie. (just click the skool.ie, its a link) they've pretty good german stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Here's some opening/closing paragraphs for letters (subbing 'e' for umlauts):

Liebe(r).....,
    das war eine Ueberraschung, als ich gestern dein Brief ankam. Uebrigens (by the way) ist es sehr schade, dass du dieses Jahr nicht kommen kann. Aber ich hoffe, es klappt naechstes Jahr.
    >>suitable if someone can't come and visit

Schoenen Dank fuer deinen Brief, den ich gestern bekommen habe.

Liebe(r)....
    dein Brief ist heute morgen angekommen. Vielen Dank dafuer. Entschuldige bitte meine Schreibfaulheit, aber du hast den Grund dafuer erraten : das Abschlusspruefung. Ich habe ein schlechtes Gewissen das ich nicht geschreiben habe, also mache ich jetzt eine Pause und versuche deine Fragen zu beantworten.
    >>for someone you haven't written to in a while

Hallo.....,
    Schoen mal wieder ein Brief von Dir zu bekommen. Ich finde es toll, dass du fuer ein Jahr hierher kommen willst. So was wuerde ich auch mal gern machen. Du hast ein paar Fragen fuer mich, und ich werde versuchen, sie so detalliert wie moeglich zu beantworten.
    >>for someone who wants to come and visit

Liebe(r)...,
    Herzlichen Dank fuer die Glueckwuensche. Ich werde viel Glueck brauchen. Du hast es gut, noch ein Jahr bis zum Abitur zu haben, aber auf der anderen Seite habe ich bald die Shule hinter mir. Ich freue mich richtig darauf.

....Jetzt muss ich aber fuer mein Abitur lernen. Schreib bald wieder.
    Viele Gruesse,.....

If you need any more or want any of that translated, let me know. As for the actual topics, if you have your oral book up there with you(that's if you didn't burn it after the orals!), it's brilliant for topical stuff.

Thanks Marie!

Nah I dont have it, It just didnt come into my head to bring it..sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just pisses me off because I'm good at letters :( Flarb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Marie, did people actually send you those letters, well, if you could call them letters? hehe

Hhmmmm no.....got them in school! Why? They're good though, not to hard to remember.

Well I could give you a small bit on topical stuff, the EU,war, smoking ban etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

just pisses me off because I'm good at letters
    Not meaning to be a devils advocate, but if you are half decent at German (you should be going into an exam), just write another one yourself. I hate the idea of somenoe learning off a letter by heart and regurgitating it for the exam. You might as well be learning off a letter in Russian.
    thegills

*marie* wrote:
    Hhmmmm no.....got them in school! Why? They're good though, not to hard to remember.

Stimmt schon, aber sowas fuer einen Abschluss zu praesentieren waehre doch etwas wenig, oder?
    oder werden diese Texte rein zur Uebung benoetigt?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Doch, sie sind nur fuer die Anfangen/Enden des Briefen! Ich denke dass sie gross genung sind! Offentsichlich, wuerde man ein bisschen mehr schreiben! :)

*marie* wrote:
    Doch, sie sind nur fuer die Anfangen/Enden des Briefen! Ich denke dass sie gross genung sind! Offentsichlich, wuerde man ein bisschen mehr schreiben! :)

close enough, ;)

Gilgamesh wrote:
    close enough, ;)

OK, :)! So do you want me to give you some of the topic stuff dudley?

thegills wrote:
    Not meaning to be a devils advocate, but if you are half decent at German (you should be going into an exam), just write another one yourself. I hate the idea of somenoe learning off a letter by heart and regurgitating it for the exam. You might as well be learning off a letter in Russian.
    thegills

Er ha yeah I know I just need a bit of a memory shake if you know what I mean. haven't been in school since the orals .. oops :)

Sure, fire ahead thereeeeeeee marie :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

yeah the letter shouldnt be too bad just keep it simple and to the point

Advertisement