Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My PSP Froze!!!

Options
  • 03-06-2005 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I just got FIFA for my psp and it froze when it tried to load the game. From google it seems that this is a common enough problem but I haven’t yet found out how to un freeze it.

I tought that a simple switch off/on would do the trick but it just returns to the froze loading screen. When I press the home button I can access the page but cant select yes.

How can I fix this problem? Is there a reset button on the psp, I haven’t been able to spot an obvious one and my manual is in Japanese. Somebody please help I cant last much longer without it.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Remove the battery from the back and put it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

My PSP has frozen a couple of times. I take the battery out and put it back in and then its grand.

steviec wrote:
    My PSP has frozen a couple of times. I take the battery out and put it back in and then its grand.
    Pay attention boy ;)

Mine has never frozen....if anyone wants to swap a japanese 1.0 that freezes with me I will totally take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

omg!! you're all obviously DS fanboys - badmouthing the PSP - did you not read the sticky?!?!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Put a tea cosy on it.

dregin wrote:
    Mine has never frozen....if anyone wants to swap a japanese 1.0 that freezes with me I will totally take it.

Hmmm its tempting... but I think I'll give it a miss. Besides, you don't want a sticky square button giving you problems!

*goes to play mario on his PSP*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Yea the battery thing just occured to me after i posted this thread :rolleyes: its fine now cheers for the help anyway ;)

steviec wrote:
    Hmmm its tempting... but I think I'll give it a miss. Besides, you don't want a sticky square button giving you problems!

*goes to play mario on his PSP*
    I know what you look like boy!
    DEATH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    omg!! you're all obviously DS fanboys - badmouthing the PSP - did you not read the sticky?!?!!

;)

haha, I was just reading that sticky, without a doubt the stupidest policy I have ever seen,

anyway I had some problems with my PSP freezing also but after playing movies, it seems to freeze more often now Im getting a bit worried

• Advertisement

Mine has frozen when I powered down at inopportune moments(during loading) and when I power back up the system is just frozen.

It also froze during the intro of Final Fantasy VI on Snes 9x, so unfair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

same thing happened my buddies ngage with the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

;)

Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

amp wrote:
    Shut up.
    How rude!

Advertisement