Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second line for broadband

• 03-06-2005 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I am living in Drumcondra and have had problems with eircom for the past year or two. My line fails for broadband unsurprisingly since I only connect at a max of 33kb and the connection drops every half an hour for around two minutes at a time. I am on the Phibsboro which is DSL enabled. The line comes from a pole at the back of the house and I am sure the signal is split. Eircom have neatly side stepped sorting this problem by saying that the line is fine as far as the house and it is an internal problem and therefore my responsibility. I know they are lying (its not like there was a gradual reduction in the quality of the line and the internal wiring hasn't been touched but its eircom so what do you expect and I don't even have the energy to get annoyed anymore (reading some of the horror stories from Ireland Offline puts my problem into perspective). I was wondering if I got a second line what would be the likelihood that would pass the test for broadband or would there be any guarantee that there would be an improvement in quality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Email phil.nolan@eircom.ie
    and tell him your situation and you would make a firm order for broadband if they could provide it one of his reps will get in touch in a few days and speak to you about it dont forget to add phone number and account number and tell him you need it for work or something worked for me and have broadband on an unpassable line.
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

New amber project .... order BB from eircom and they will install it for you as long as your line is not on a carrier or 2 far from the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sully32

Thanks for the info. I have read about the new amber project. I am definitely close enough to the exchange but how do I know my line is not on a carrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

you wont but do what i did bug phil nolan enough and he will help you out oh and i am 200 metres 2 too far from the exchange aparantlly
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sully32

Thanks will send mail today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement