Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sultans Of Ping FC

Options
  • 03-06-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

What about the Sultan's Of Ping FC? Everyone knows "Where's Me Jumper?" its a rock classic, but does anyone know much about them? I've seen the music video, recordings of live performances and I think they were shown on Reverb. Like did they have any albums, where are they now, they were quite big in their day and I think they were form Cork can any one say anything about them?
    Olé

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You should be able to pick up the album "Casual Sex In The Cinemaplex" easily enough, featuring the aforementioned Jumper ballad and the classic "Give Him A Ball And A Yard Of Grass" which was released by Sony. As I recall, they developed a bizarre S&M look which didn't really fit their later tunes which were quite decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

Yeah I heard that album title somewhere before, I really like some of their stuff, yeah they did have that S&M look later on fueling more humour to their their performances of Where's Me Jumper? Where are they now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Just checked the site again and they'll be reforming for some gigs in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

What a brilliant site!
    Niall O'Flaherty what a legend. That site, interviews are great and its got mp3s and everythin thanks man!
    www.sultansofping.com too! Brilliant, love the guitar chords!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement