Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Results?

• 03-06-2005 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Any idea when the results are posted out? or does anyone know if they will be accessible from the carlow website? dont think ill be able to make it down to carlow to collect them in person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

17th at 3pm online is what i heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

by the way, from wat i remember from previous years, the results were displayed, was it, 1 or 2 weeks before u got them in the post? so does that mean they're up in the college now? some fecker knows whether i passed or not! feckin strippers!

why i outta!

they're only going on display and online on the 17th, so another 2 weeks or so for them to come in the post.

bloody hangovers, i shall drink many many beers to compensate said hangover tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

shamo your a dirty rotten liar, a dirty rotten liar i say. playing football my arse!

haha busted!

• Advertisement

shamo your a dirty rotten liar, a dirty rotten liar i say. playing football my arse!

gway ya eejit!

i know you are but what am i?!

anyone get them little yellow cards today?

i got one sayin:

"The Institute of Technology Carlow acknowledges receipt of your A3 application."

"Your application is receiving attention and a further reply will be issued in due course."

ps Michael Jackson cleared!! wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

I think the results did come out online 2 weeks before they're posted but it only says whether you've passed or not so you still have to wait for your individual results.

And wasn't there a problem with the results from repeat students online because they had to retotal your results from the ones you passed the previous year? hmmm... I think it says...call the college :-/

Anyway WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Michael Jackson!

ive spent the last three weeks praying to eamon cass!

also did it not tell you online last year whether you got a pass/merit/distinction?

• Advertisement

ill do anything! just pass me on system applications, im sweating over that result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

anything hmm.

ah sure ya dont have to pass all them yea can componsate for 2 i think. as long as its over 35%

well i done really well in all the others so its gona funk up my average. especially if i have to compensate.

what you working at today? downloading family guy no doubt!

ordered broadband today, so reality is about to drift even further away!

na no downloading today just getin all my cases out of the way have meetings after lunch so be stuck there for the afternoon.

what broadband you go for please say ya didnt go for eircon????

yeah eircon home starter!

free connection and first two months free so it at least gives me a chance to get a few dollars together.

need to get time off work tomorrow so i need to be sure about this.

are the results definitely on line tomorrow? will they be up in the college too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Are they gonna be there for repeat students? i only had to do two, and i really don't wanna phone up the college, since last year they wouldn't trell me if i failed or passed over the phone.

the results are posted up on the notice boards in the barrow center from 3 today and will be available on line also at this time.

Good luck to all.

wheres me jumpa, you headin for a cool refreshing bevereage tonight? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Anyone know if any lecturers will be around today? So that we can harass them to find out more details than just pass/fail/honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Good luck with the results people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Stephen wrote:
    Anyone know if any lecturers will be around today? So that we can harass them to find out more details than just pass/fail/honours.
    I'd say the class tutor's will be around in case people want full results, they were the last 2 years any way.

results are in now, I got 2nd class honours :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

so this is what it feels like to pass. thank christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yea, Passed again :D

Second time lucky eh Kiiith

2nd class honours for me too! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

more like 3rd time lucky for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

so exemptions granted, that'd be a fail??

Normally on the college site it asks you to contact the college if you've failed. I think exemptions granted might have something to do with passing by compensation or something.

i got exemptions granted. as far as i know/hope, exemptions are the subjects u failed first time around. so if u were granted them, then u passed.

/EDIT: just found out some non repeaters got exemptions granted. F**K. i better hav passed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

according to Paul Barry....Exemption(s) granted means that we haven't passed the year (yet) because we failed one our more exam. However, we haven't officially failed yet, as the college has granted ous the chance to repeat those exams in late August/early September.

<sarcasm>great</sarcasm> *sigh*

b*ll*x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

likewise

So exemptions is the collages way of nicely wording "FAIL" from last year (not that i'd know now :D)

yeah woody i might have a refreshing beverager or two tonight, i shall meet you at the wine bar in the country club!

I passed. I'm a second year at last... sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

what does deferral of results mean?

sounds like they're not givin you your resuilts now.

when they say your defferring your course, doesnt it mean that you are doing the course next year? maybe "Defferal of Results" is this years Fail?

its a toss up between "Exemption(s) Granted" and "Deferral of Results". I know which one sounds more positive. ;)

i actually told two people who got "exemptions granted" that they failed today so ye better be right for my sake and of course right for their sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2nd Class Honours Grade 1, pretty surprising since i failed 4 last year and only repeated 3.

Steve - that might have something to do with being on work placement. When we started 4th year we didn't have any results for 3rd year until we had given our presentations on the work placement.

• Advertisement

got the results in the post today, it explains all the terms being thrown around. 40% in system applications, phew!

does it take longer for ppl who repeated to get theirs in the post?

The_B_Man wrote:
    does it take longer for ppl who repeated to get theirs in the post?

No

u leper! ;)

hey anyone know is it true that if u repeat the year, best result u can get is 40%?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pretty sure this is the way it is -
    nope not true if you repeat the year u get whatever result you get,
    If you repeat an exam u can only get 40%

so the ones in august u can only get 40%? thats crap! i got 60% in the final exam but failed coz i didnt do the CA's and ended up with 35% overall! i wonder if i asked them to totally disregard their marking schemes and gimme the 60% would i get away with it!

ah nope the ca's are part of the year and you need to at least pass that module. If u repeat the exam in the autunm you can choose then to either include your ca or not. but you only get a 40% mark on your end of year results.

pirates ahoy there be woody!

The_B_Man wrote:
    hey anyone know is it true that if u repeat the year, best result u can get is 40%?
    Don't care, i passed. Maybe you should have studied instead of staring at a certain Yougaslave student all the time :p.

• Advertisement
Advertisement