Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

b*ll*x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

likewise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

So exemptions is the collages way of nicely wording "FAIL" from last year (not that i'd know now :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah woody i might have a refreshing beverager or two tonight, i shall meet you at the wine bar in the country club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I passed. I'm a second year at last... sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

what does deferral of results mean?

sounds like they're not givin you your resuilts now.

when they say your defferring your course, doesnt it mean that you are doing the course next year? maybe "Defferal of Results" is this years Fail?

its a toss up between "Exemption(s) Granted" and "Deferral of Results". I know which one sounds more positive. ;)

i actually told two people who got "exemptions granted" that they failed today so ye better be right for my sake and of course right for their sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2nd Class Honours Grade 1, pretty surprising since i failed 4 last year and only repeated 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Steve - that might have something to do with being on work placement. When we started 4th year we didn't have any results for 3rd year until we had given our presentations on the work placement.

• Advertisement

got the results in the post today, it explains all the terms being thrown around. 40% in system applications, phew!

does it take longer for ppl who repeated to get theirs in the post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

The_B_Man wrote:
    does it take longer for ppl who repeated to get theirs in the post?

No

u leper! ;)

hey anyone know is it true that if u repeat the year, best result u can get is 40%?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pretty sure this is the way it is -
    nope not true if you repeat the year u get whatever result you get,
    If you repeat an exam u can only get 40%

so the ones in august u can only get 40%? thats crap! i got 60% in the final exam but failed coz i didnt do the CA's and ended up with 35% overall! i wonder if i asked them to totally disregard their marking schemes and gimme the 60% would i get away with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

ah nope the ca's are part of the year and you need to at least pass that module. If u repeat the exam in the autunm you can choose then to either include your ca or not. but you only get a 40% mark on your end of year results.

pirates ahoy there be woody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

The_B_Man wrote:
    hey anyone know is it true that if u repeat the year, best result u can get is 40%?
    Don't care, i passed. Maybe you should have studied instead of staring at a certain Yougaslave student all the time :p.

• Advertisement

man, it was worth it! ill get her next year! ;)

edit: 1000th post!! gwan me!

Advertisement