Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is my mind

Options
  • 03-06-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
    Try this trick and spin it, yeah
    Your head will collapse
    If there's nothing in it
    And you'll ask yourself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

Olé?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Pixies! ..........name somthing mankind has done thats better

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

Ah dude,quite a lot.Want an example?Ok.
    A Perfect Circle,Tool,Metallica,Maiden,Alice in Chains,Audioslave,Foos,GnR,HIM,Zepellin,Lifehouse,Megadeth,Melissa Auf der Maur,Misfits,Muse,Motorhead,NIN,Ozzy,Pantera,Pearl Jam,QOTSA,Radiohead,Pumpkins,Soundgarden,STP,Temple Of The Dog,Velvet Revolver,and Zwan.Just some of the ways mankind has done better than the Pixies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Grimes wrote:
    Pixies! ..........name somthing mankind has done thats better

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah other than this song i'm not impressed by the pixies. i think we shold rename them the pikies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

yeah other than this song i'm not impressed by the pixies. i think we shold rename them the pikies.

:eek: ...but, but Debaser and Monkey gone to Heaven and and and.....

The Pixies are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

The whole ****ing Surfer Rosa album is brilliant. And it was recorded in the 80's - years ahead of its time. They've influenced so many other bands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Here come your man... pixies great and included in all the top tunes of all time

This has turned into a pixies thread! Grunge owes a lot to the pixies dosesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

yup a serious amount..
    pixies are great great great

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

is she wierd(great),debaser and where is my mind are their only good songs

The Pixies were good but I don't see why everyone thinks they've done so much for rock. They weren't ahead of their time, they sounded dated then. Not in a bad way, they just never sounded anyway as interesting as anyone made out. Maybe everyone's getting confused with Sonic Youth and the Melvins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

way out in the water see it swimming

John2 wrote:
    The Pixies were good but I don't see why everyone thinks they've done so much for rock. They weren't ahead of their time, they sounded dated then. Not in a bad way, they just never sounded anyway as interesting as anyone made out. Maybe everyone's getting confused with Sonic Youth and the Melvins?
    Exsqueeze me? Of course they were ahead of there time! Without them there would be no Grunge Explosion, no Nirvana, no grunge dominating the charts for half the nineties! Pixies are great! Grunge is great! Rock is great!
    LIZZY RULE!

Exsqueeze me? Of course they were ahead of there time! Without them there would be no Grunge Explosion, no Nirvana, no grunge dominating the charts for half the nineties! Pixies are great! Grunge is great! Rock is great!
    LIZZY RULE!

What do you mean without them there'd be no grunge? Grunge wasn't just because the Pixies existed. What about Mudhoney, the Melvins and Soundgarden? The Pixies did nothing that the Velvet Underground and Neil Young didn't do years ago. That's not ahead of their time. Did they reinvent rock music? No, they just continued on from where postpunk bands like Pere Ubu and Husker Du left off. Good? Yes. Revolutionary? No.

And whether Nirvana existing is a good thing or not is debatable in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

John2 wrote:
    What do you mean without them there'd be no grunge? Grunge wasn't just because the Pixies existed. What about Mudhoney, the Melvins and Soundgarden? The Pixies did nothing that the Velvet Underground and Neil Young didn't do years ago. That's not ahead of their time. Did they reinvent rock music? No, they just continued on from where postpunk bands like Pere Ubu and Husker Du left off. Good? Yes. Revolutionary? No.

And whether Nirvana existing is a good thing or not is debatable in my opinion.

Nirvana existing was a very good thing. Please sit down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Awww come on John, of course Nirvana were a good thing.
    They've made, and are making, a lot of people a lot of money ;)

Waltons wrote:
    Awww come on John, of course Nirvana were a good thing.
    They've made, and are making, a lot of people a lot of money ;)

Well they seem to have done wonders for the cheap hoodie industry as a walk down Grafton St. would have me believe.

It's not Nirvana's fault they have a cult like status.

Great band.

• Advertisement

I am MAN wrote:
    It's not Nirvana's fault they have a cult like status.

Great band.

What do you mean cult status?
    PS
    Nirvana are great, hoodies smell.

By the way people Nirvana are up there with Led Zeppelin and the Beatles as one of the best bands ever.
    In terms of success, influence and revolution!

revolution!

I don't call ripping off Killing Joke songs revolution

John2 wrote:
    I don't call ripping off Killing Joke songs revolution

Go into detail, Im interested

The riff of Come As You Are is taken from a Killing Joke song. Can't remember the name of the original song though. I'll check tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wet your bed

John2 wrote:
    The riff of Come As You Are is taken from a Killing Joke song. Can't remember the name of the original song though. I'll check tonight.

Ok let me know when you find the song because I find it hard to believe and also "Come as you are" is just one song, they have plenty more great songs.

The chords in this song are a slowed down replica of Killing Joke's 1985 song "Eighties." The songs were so similar that Nirvana considered holding off releasing this as a single. Killing Joke decided not to sue Nirvana, and in 1992, Dave Grohl helped them out by playing drums for them on an album. (thanks, Jacq - Sydney, Australia)

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Never knew that! Thanks for sharing that!

Advertisement