Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points will you get?

Options
  • 03-06-2005 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

[PHP]how many points do you think you'll get

1. <100
    2. <200
    3. <300
    4. <400
    5. <500
    6. <600

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

whoops two of the same threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

6. well I'd like to think that'll be just above the 500 mark but realistically it's looking a little more than dodgy at the moment. It really all depends on if I pass french I'd be happy with 45 points but otherwise I'd have to count ordinary Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

about 480 or there abouts i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Everyone's answer: 6. :).

• Advertisement

540-560 methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Ideally 540. That'd be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Id be pleased with 200-250, but i hope for 300:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

450 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

*Angel* wrote:
    It really all depends on if I pass french I'd be happy with 45 points but otherwise I'd have to count ordinary Irish.

I think you mean 450!

I think I will get between 500 and 600. I am not predicting any more precisely than that. I need 545 at least for Pharmacy in RCSI.

Someone suggested I place a bet with Paddy Powers on my results. How would they work out the odds? I could just give them my Mock results (420 points) as a guideline. That would stack the odds really high... Then I could bet €50 and collect thousands!

Just a thought.

• Advertisement

no i think she/he meant he/she would be happy with 45 points from the subject.

no i think she/he meant he/she would be happy with 45 points from the subject.

yep she (me) would be happy with 45 points from french

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

<400

Oh, right. Sorry! My usual urge to correct every mistake jumping the gun again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

couldn't care less once i get my course. Would just love to see that 5 in my results though.

485 - reason i'm slightly panicing is because i got 30 points less than that in mocks, don't feel like i've done that much since then. And i knew what was on the papers the night b4 each exam. Although i never knew exactly what the question was. Somebody would just say clann lir was on the paper, or mi an meithimh etc. AHH especially history,i knew the entire paper except our teacher messed us up on one section, it was with the sinn fein essay so my essay on war of independance came from my knowledge of micheal collins the film. Never remembered doing it in class. AHh, everybody entitled to late night rant, that was mine.

same I really just want my course, that'll keep me happy

what courses you guys shooting for or have you said somewhere else alreadY?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

you guys are all leaving cert?!!

well. good luck!

I am going for Pharmacy in RCSI. 540 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i need 390-ish for a B.Sc Cur Hons (Nursing) in trinity. But i am hoping to get at least 460 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

jesus panickin over gettin 30 more than ur mocks! i'll need at least twice that!! sure i hav'nt even decided what course im gonna put first yet! (always was told im a lazy,aimless.....) im just gettin it all over and done with and worrin bout that other stuff later! sure there is a back door in2 almost everythin these days:)

no back door into my course unfortunately. Only reason i'm panicing is because i seen some of d papers if u read d post. aswel points are harder to come by as u go up higher. so obviously its easier to jump 300 -> 330 than 455-> 485

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Got 400 in my mocks and i did no study, want about 460, my second choice was 430 last year(my first choice was never going to happen), still haven't done any work though! but hopefully with my orals (my best part of languages) i'll go up a grade in irish, german and spanish, and i hopefully will get more than 3 essays done in history, and finish the geog paper (i want an A1, i'll get it if i finish it)

what courses you guys shooting for or have you said somewhere else alreadY?

Yeah there was some thread, but this forum is moving a lot quicker as it nears the Leaving.

Civil Engineering - UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

no back door into my course unfortunately. Only reason i'm panicing is because i seen some of d papers if u read d post. aswel points are harder to come by as u go up higher. so obviously its easier to jump 300 -> 330 than 455-> 485

its true but believe in urself n u'll do it!! my thoughts r wit ye -good luck!
    im tryin 2jump from 400 to at least 460 so ur doin a whole lot better than me! and ive not been studyin - just sittin at the computer talkin about it instead:(

its true but believe in urself n u'll do it!! my thoughts r wit ye -good luck!
    im tryin 2jump from 400 to at least 460 so ur doin a whole lot better than me! and ive not been studyin - just sittin at the computer talkin about it instead:(

thanks! i know all too well that last point.

Advertisement