Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best places to buy new or used 1210s and a djm300? (no cc)

• 03-06-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I think it's about time i bit the bullet and got a loan for a set of 1210s and a mixer along the lines of the djm300.
    i'm open to suggestions on keenly priced mixers that would be up there with the djm300. (ideally i'd like a djm600... but i want to be able to pay off this loan within a year :o )
    where should i start looking?

i'm located in galway btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

You could try Aquarius in Kildare. Bit away from Galway but their prices are very competitive and are very good chaps to deal with.

www.aquariussound.ie , Niall - 01 624 3777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

bucks wrote:
    You could try Aquarius in Kildare. Bit away from Galway but their prices are very competitive and are very good chaps to deal with.

www.aquariussound.ie , Niall - 01 624 3777

Yea I agree with bucks there, I bought my CDJ's from Aquarius and found them really friendly & helpful and great prices!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good stuff. i'll give them a buzz for a quote tomorrow :)
    would still be interested in getting second hand equiptment if at all possible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Aquarius are great, but if you are looking to buy technics get into the buy and sell.

So many people pick up dj'ing with good intentions but pack it in after a couple of months. And in case you didnt know anyway, technics will last you YEARS so a second pair wont give you any trouble. So you could pick up a set thats hardly been used for about six or seven hundred, leaving you with that vital bit extra to get the mixer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Technic SL-1210 MK2 Direct Drive Turntables (pair) + Pioneer DJM500 4 Channel Mixer + 2 Swan Flight Cases for sale. Pristine condition & very little use. Contact: 086-8158542 (after 6pm). €1200.

This was taken for the forum over at www.bodytonicmusic.com

Seems like a good deal.

Sean.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea go for the buy&sell for 2nd hand pair, go for the djm 300, nice solid mixer or even vestax pvx275/175 and then when you get cash to spare go for an efx500, then you have more than a djm 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Technic SL-1210 MK2 Direct Drive Turntables (pair) + Pioneer DJM500 4 Channel Mixer + 2 Swan Flight Cases for sale. Pristine condition & very little use. Contact: 086-8158542 (after 6pm). €1200.

This was taken for the forum over at www.bodytonicmusic.com

Seems like a good deal.

Sean.
    very sweet deal :eek:
    would be €1380 for 2 mk2s and a djm300 from aquarius. think i'd rather go for a second hand set tbh

Advertisement