Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think it would be ok to go out saturday night?

Options
  • 03-06-2005 10:25pm

im only need400 points so there isnt much stress on me!but maybe the fact that i havent been out in a month is making me choose the wrong decisions.anybody do this for there leaving certs?how did it afecy ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Think of it this way: there will be loads of other Saturday nights, but would you really like to do your Leaving again?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm going out on tuesday night, but no alcolhol, going to see weezer play, i've been working my socks off though in preperation for wednesday.

if I was you I'd go out have a laugh you need relaxing time too, just don't go too overboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I doubt one Saturday out is going to completely jeopardise the Leaving...

yeah but like most fellas education is 2nd to women.plus im not17 till november so i might repeat take a gap year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

to be fair i really dont think anyone should be depending on these last few days to be doin their studying... if you are youre in a whole bunch of trouble.

one saturday night out will not erase the months of studyin you've all surely done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

im going out tomorrow night...i mean its not like its going to harm you....in all honesty.... fo **** sake im so sick of the staying in talks...i mean you can study all day sat and go out that night then sunday study from like 2 or 3....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Of course it's ok to go out, you can look at it two ways. Firstly everyone needs a break. Secondly if you are feeling bad you could always study all day, and are you really doing that much study that you can't afford a night out? I mean I do a few hours a day (if I'm lucky). Just don't get pissed out of ya head so that you won't be messed up for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

for gods sake the leaving isnt the end of the world....take into account that im sick of studying and feeling really frustrated at the mo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

yeah im going out im stressed need a break!

Whoever said that studying these days doesnt help-BS. There is no harm at ALL im cramming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

one saturday night out will not erase the months of studyin you've all surely done.

Months... right. heh heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Um, let me see...NO!

Like someone said, there will be plenty of night sout again, but you only do your LC once. And even if you do stay in and do nothing, it will still be better because there is less physiucal exertion involved and you will be less tired the next day. (I went out last Saturday night and my left knee is in bits...)

-R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

to the original poster u need to answer these questions
    do u have a good i.d?
    will u drink?
    how much did u get in the mocks?
    do u really need all them 400 points?

nah i'm kidding, enjoy yourself but be sensible enough about it.

yeah ive a fake garda age card!it cost a bomb though.yeah i need the points and i probably wont drink!i got395 points in the mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Yes, you can go out and get the exams off your mind. But I'd stay away from the drink... you don't want to wake up late on Sunday with a hangover, especially if you're planning some last minute cramming.

Advertisement