Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Irish paper 2

Options
  • 03-06-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else completely screwed for this paper? I've never seen this paper before in my life other than during or mocks and I'm only after finding out that ou have to do two of the story questions and two of the poem's. I'm thinking of just not showing up for the exams and concentrating on other subjects instead. Unless I need it for my course. I'll be able to strugle my way through gafa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

yeh im screwed big time. DO turn up though. write anything down in the stories, like go into the weather, say u went to the shops said hello to your friend, parents, blah blah. Its only worth 13 percent anyway but I`ll be trying to scrape as many marks out of it as possible.

I only got 15 per cent in this paper in the mocks and got 50 overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I wont do so bad for paper 1. I supose I'll show up for paper 2 but I'll more than likely be out after about half an hour. I only need a minimum of D3 in Irish or English and more than a C3 in maths. \o/ sorted! I'm not feeling so guilty now about screwing paper 2 up completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

im the opposite for this.. paper one is my let down.. anyone any tips for this??
    i plan to learn some general sentences for the sceal/litir over the weekend??

anything to add anyone??! please!!! HELP!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Yeah P2 is such bull****. It really annoys me that you spend 2 ****ing years freakin and taking most of your time over ****ing stories and poems and then you find out it's only 18 ****ing percent or something, whatever it is!

No wonder nobody can speak irish anymoreeeeeeeeeee because they spend so much time making you learn by rote..it's retarded and redundant. If they taught irish the way they taught the other languages then maybe i'd be able to speak it better than I can german, which I am basically nearly orally fluent in after 6 years. Pah to that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Lol im just hoping to get a few marks for putting down my name and that I like Gafa :P God im screwed for irish ;)

• Advertisement

Do you get marks for just putting down your name?Lol..either way, if you do good at tape and ok at your oral and alright on p1 and aren't looking for an a you can make up for doing godawful on p2.Woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dont worry!you can fail paper2 and pass on oral and the aural!just for the record [name edited out] teaching i [edited] is a pill popping alco!she from kerry.
    unrelated
    did anybody hear the oral tape from the leaing cert last year wit the lad from rialto?so funny"feach me2fast2furious.ta na charr sios an bothar"!classic
    you think that's funny well when I done the Junior Cert. I done pass Irish and the tape was a joke.

one of the questions had pictures and you had to tick where the speaker went to.

one picture was of a restaurant the other of a cinema (saying harry potter and philosofers stone) and the other was some other place.
    what i heard and so did everyone else Chuaigh me go dti "Harry Potter and the philosofers stone". simple huh?

course pass irish is a joke, thats cuz the whole language at the moment is a joke, it's not even an official e.u language for christs sake. They HAVE to make it piss easy because 90% of the feckin people in this country can't formulate anything past the 'cupla focail'. It's ridicoulos. *sneeze*

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Oh, I'm screwed for this also. The good thing is, I know the general idea of all the poems and stories in English, so I should be able to get some marks (better than no marks) for attempting to waffle on a bit... I can throw in some idioms in there too... like... ar nós na gaoithe :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Flamingfud

exiztone wrote:
    Oh, I'm screwed for this also. The good thing is, I know the general idea of all the poems and stories in English, so I should be able to get some marks (better than no marks) for attempting to waffle on a bit... I can throw in some idioms in there too... like... ar nós na gaoithe :rolleyes:

Caithfidh me a ra.....cheapaim go bhfuil me FOOKED.

• Advertisement
Advertisement