Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering Irish Broadband

• 03-06-2005 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to get a new broadband provider since I've moved house, previously i was with Eircom, simply because they were the only people offering broadband at the time. I'm considering Irish Broadband at the moment and was interested to find out about other people's experiences with them. How difficult was the install, what the service like, how's the costumer support, etc..
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Don,t recommend them ... read trough some of the threads in this forum!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I sent them a message looking for information on broadband in my area. They never replied. It doesn't give me much confidence in their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The service is top notch. I'm pinging between 15-25 to UK servers. Previously on Netsource (they resell Eircons product so would be similiar to what you had before) my pings ranged from 60-100+

The customer service (email variety) that I have experienced has been awful. Truly awful. It takes AT LEAST 10 days to reply to the simplist question and anything beyond that they just delete without reading (I've had to delivery reports state "your message was deleted without being read").

I've not had ANY problems with the service yet though, for the price and performance you can't go wrong. Just think, you get through to Eircon support but they don't know much, so perhaps it ain't such a major issue?

They were replying to my emails for 2 days like it was an IM conversation when I was signing up though.

Just my 3 and a half cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Good when it works !

:-) pings are Ciaran has said !

Uploads are class.......

Direction
    Actual Speed
    True Speed (estimated)

Downstream 2386 Kbps (298.3 KB/sec) 2576 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Upstream 2698 Kbps (337.3 KB/sec) 2913 Kbps (inc. overheads)

• Advertisement

What high-site do you connect to ciranfo, if you dont mind saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ballycoolin for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm on three rock - watch your line of sight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Since ive gone onto 3rock 2meg its been awesome

Customer service is a total nightmare so try and learn as much about it as possible so you can fix anything minor yourself.

Its the only real symmetrical product on offer atm if thats what ur after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have it just over a week now and after a few problems at the start it's going great , download / upload speeds are great and game pings are in the 25-30 range as apposed to my eircom 2 meg connection where there in the 50 - 65 range.

• Advertisement

The symmetrical line isn't important, just something that's fast, reasonably priced and isn't eircom. Is anyone here on the Killester/Omada high-site? that's the one i'd be connecting too (and i'm fairly sure i can see it from a window at the bach of my house luckily enough)

Advertisement