Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a decent few points on Wordsworth?

Options
  • 03-06-2005 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Yeah im studying him have a bit covered but i was seeing if i could learn a bit more points on him. Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

*bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

I've nothing , Yeats any good to ya?

Nope not studying yeats. Need wordsworth...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

I don't have much on him myself, but did you check out the skool.ie page on him here?

i have they are well long.

Looks like ill have to do it myself.

• Advertisement

Well, I'm not too sure about Wordsworth (I still have to look over it) but here's what I know so far.

One thing to throw into an essay is that he defined poetry as "Emotion recollected in tranquillity". His nature poems were ways of bringing memories to life. You could talk about poems like Skating and The Stolen Boat, which contain loads of vivid images and were ways for Wordsworth to capture memories.

Also, you could talk about the mysterious Lucy. She is talked about in 'She dealt among the untrodden ways' and 'A slumber did my spirit seal'. Her identity is unknown. Some think it is Wordsworth's sister or his wife's sister, others think she's a fictional character. The poems deal with death and solitude.

I could be wrong with some of this. I still have a good bit of revision left to do on his poems. So if anyone wants to correct me, please do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Study???

I got a huge tip to only study heany dickinson and boland!

I hope Heaney comes up. I find it easy enough to write an answer on his poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Read a book.
    Use Google.
    Use the library as reference.
    Get off your lazy areses and go out and do some work.

Mear wrote:
    Read a book.
    Use Google.
    Use the library as reference.
    Get off your lazy areses and go out and do some work.
    Real helpful... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Why wordsworth may I ask? I mean, there's a very low chance he'll be up in comparison to other poets such as ..

Dickinson/Boland: 90% chance at least ONE of these comes up, if a female poet doesn't come out, people will be angry!
    Kavanagh: He WAS up last year yes BUT, this year is a big anniversary of his afaik and there has been a lot of stuff on TV so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Yeats: He's getting taken off the course next year for a few years so .. his last year, good chance he'll be up.
    Heaney: Not sure when he was last up but I think it was 2-3 years ago? Always a good chance he will be up, very popular poet amoungst students.
    Longley: A dark horse apparently, a lot of people predict he will come up.

I personally will be avoiding Wordsworth, his poems are far too in depth compared to other poems and you can't limit him to 2 or 3 emotions within his poetry.

i have the two females covered. I was actually thinking of doing Kavangh....even hthough i hate him with a passion!

Advertisement