Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns thread on After Hours

Options
  • 04-06-2005 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

They're talking about our game over on After Hours.

Only just found it, so I'm off for a read.
    The first few posts don't look encouraging :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Okay, let's keep it civilised out there folks :D
    Like it or not, we all end up as ambassadors for our sport on here, it's a public forum after all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Sparks wrote:
    Okay, let's keep it civilised out there folks :D
    Like it or not, we all end up as ambassadors for our sport on here, it's a public forum after all...

i agree , we are ambassadors for our sport but i would like to know haw many of those people have even researched our sport , hell , some of them didnt even know that firearms are legal here . A little knowledge is a dangerous thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup, but look at it this way ammo - this is an opportunity to teach a lot of people what the sport is actually like, and maybe get a few to try it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

You should go over , Sparks , and enlighten them . They appear to have very little understanding of the firearms system in Ireland and it is a case of the blind leading the blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

After Hours is the embodiment of the saying that opinions are like arseholes. A quick look at the standard of the debate and writing skills used on that thread suggests that many of the contributers aren't particularly mature or well informed.

I wouldn't bother trying to argue with antis there, many of them have nothing better to do than get into pointless repetitive arguments that will get you nowhere. Ignore the thread, the instigators will get bored and come up with another topic as soon as their attention span expires.

"Never argue with fools, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

"
    Never argue with fools, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    [/QUOTE]
    HEHEHEHEHEHE :D:D:D:D:D
    THAT sounds fammilar!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

its the usual argument, guns are bad saw it on tv they kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

yeh , its not the guns that kill , if you put a loaded gun on a table it wont kill anyone , its only when someone picks it up that there is a potential for it to do any harm . So its the firearms owners that should be licenced not the firearm itself .

Advertisement