Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Quesetion]About Ebay

Options
  • 04-06-2005 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

I see sum real bargins in there but i dont have a credit card is there a way around this problem.It wont even let me sign up so i can email the seller.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Revalco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Hi,

One of the banks here, I think in conjunction with Centra - is offering a prepaid credit card: that is, a tempoary card into which you load money for this very purpose. No difficulty in getting this.

Sorry I can't remember who exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

Paypal should be of use to you, You don't need a credit card, a bank a/c that will accept direct debits will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

@boidey

I have a bank a/c that will accept direct debits, so how do i go about getting Paypal, and can i use it in Ebay.

@zenith

This method also sounds good thx for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

I added mine but it say it's unavailable at this time. Is it cos I just added it? It's Ulster Bank btw

afaik Ebay owns paypal. Try paypal.com or u can get to via the ebay site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

you don't need to use a credit card to use eBay, just pay the sellers by postal order, cash or transfer the funds.

LundiMardi wrote:
    you don't need to use a credit card to use eBay, just pay the sellers by postal order, cash or transfer the funds.

When buying from people you don't know cash or money transfers are about the least secure way of paying for things. Ebay offers no protection to buyers who pay by cash. There is no proof of payment, so it will come down to your word Vs the sellers.
    Speaking from experience, tryin to recover money from people havin paid by cheque is a pain. I believe the same problems would occur if payment was by postal order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

yup, and some sellers only accept paypal and I don't wanna use a credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

boidey wrote:
    When buying from people you don't know cash or money transfers are about the least secure way of paying for things. Ebay offers no protection to buyers who pay by cash. There is no proof of payment, so it will come down to your word Vs the sellers.
    Speaking from experience, tryin to recover money from people havin paid by cheque is a pain. I believe the same problems would occur if payment was by postal order.
    i never said it was that secure, i just pointed it out as an option. It IS secure if you use your head though.

Advertisement