Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A Bad Case of Gas!

Options
  • 04-06-2005 6:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

53-year-old claims he was severely burned in methane blast
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 5:37 p.m. ET June 3, 2005
    MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - A man who says he was severely burned when a portable toilet exploded after he sat down and lit a cigarette is suing a general contractor and a coal company, accusing them of negligence.
    John Jenkins, 53, and his wife, Ramona Jenkins, 35, of Brave, Pa., filed the suit Tuesday in county circuit court seeking $10 million in damages from Chisler Inc. and Eastern Associated Coal Corp.
    The lawsuit claims Jenkins’ face, neck, arms, torso and legs were severely burned last July after the cigarette ignited methane gas leaking from a pipe underneath the toilet unit.
    “When I struck the lighter, the whole thing just detonated — the whole top blew off,” said Jenkins, a methane power plant operator with North West Fuels Development Inc. “I can’t tell you if it blew me out the door or if I jumped out.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Motors?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

qz wrote:
    Motors?
    Petrol=Gas in U.S. :)
    (Works for me anyway)

Advertisement