Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Triail

Options
  • 04-06-2005 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Does anyone have any idea what might come up this year for the An Triail Ques in H Irish???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Oh please please please ! No one got any tips or predictions!!!!!!????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭2e

These are my teachers predictions and he's never meant to get them wrong..... Still if they dopn't come up don't come hunting me down or anything!!!
    Characters: Bean Ui Cathasaigh, Liam, An Bainisteoir, Sean, Padraig, Colm. Plus we're basically guaranteed a character question so I'm just learning off my characters, with a look over maybe one of two themes.
    Themes: 'Fimineacht shocai na hEireann', 'Dearcadh micharathanach ar mhaithreacha aonair', 'Is beag den trua a bhraitear sa drama seo'
    Hope it helps and dont stress it'll all be alright on the day.

Thats great!! I know that stuff!! I was terrified about it because everyone was saying Revenge in Hamlet and I hadn't thought of that!! Thank u so much! Can I just make sure I have the translations right, Hypocrisy, No friends and little pity!? My Irish isn't great Im a learn it all off kinna gal!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah its hypocracy alright. Got any tips for actually trying to study Irish? As soon as I sit down with a book out I get kinda sleepy.Even trying to write out notes doesn't work for me in Irish. (Don't particularly like Irish, probably gonna be my 7th subject but still might need an A2/B1 in it for points.)

The best way I find to write Irish is with a pen and paper beside me! Read over it a couple of times and then write out as much of it as you can in your own words! Big tip for Irish , its much easier to learn in your own words! Its all well and good trying to write a big fancy essay but unless your fluent u will lose a load of marks for grammer, word order and spelling! They really want to see you have a good grasp of the language and can get ur message across! Simplicity is the key! Obviously learn a few bits of difficult voab, but dont just learn the word learn a sentence with it in it so you know how to use it!

Example - n-acmhainn nadurtha . Natural Resources

Taimid ag milleadh and ag scriosadh ár n-acmhainn nadurth . we are destroping and destructing our natural resourse!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice. I'd better get back to the books cos times flies on the web and it'll be time for the Ireland match before I know it. See ya. BTW Best of luck in your leaving!!!!

Thanks a mil you too!!!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

If you are going to be just reading over notes, have a highlighter in your hand and highlight the important words. That way they'll stick more in your memory.
    My tecaher reckoned that something about the character of one of the men in the story would come up, and for the themes question she was going with hypocrisy as well. So I hope she's right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

really... was hoping for the question on tragedy and how it is portayed. anybody else on that way of thinkin... hyprocisy isnt too bad either tho!

I was told "Tá an plota an drama seo chomh tráthúil inniu is a bhí sé riamh , E sin a phlé!

So I wrote an essay on hypocrisy but refered to things that showed we are still hypocritical today! That way Im covered if just hypocrisy comes up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement