Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Live in Ireland?

• 04-06-2005 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

Does anyone think that it will ever happen?

Last year they showed one from England Live for the first time in the Manchester Evening News Arena.

And now, it looks like that same venue will play play host to WrestleMania XXIII in 2007.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

it could only happen if we had a big area i mean the point is big but not enough to hold smackdown or raw but if we were alowed to build a bigger venue then it could happen mabye in 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Where did you hear about Wrestlemania being hosted there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Wasn't Summerslam held over here in the 80s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^ 1992 Summerslam was in front of 80000+ in Wembley stadium.

One of the all time great matches happened that night between Bret Hart and The British Bulldog for the IC title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I thought they held a PPV here in the 80s. Must be imagining(sp?) things. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I could be wrong but I dont see them doing a big ppv like wrestlemania over the atlanitc. I vaguely rememer Vince talking about the ppv in Wembley in 92. He said that obviously ticket sales brought in big bucks but due to the time difference primarily the buy rate for ppvs was horrible. I just checked now and it dropped by nearly half from 2.7 in '91 to 1.5 in '92. That is some drop. Hogan was n't on the card but that still would n't justify that kinda of a steep drop in ppv buys, so I doubt Vince would play russian roullete on ppv buys with his biggest event of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have seen on a good few sites, heard from a fair few that Wrestlemania in Manchester is very likely. watch thos tickets go in seconds if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

That will be huge if WM goes to England. I know that Summerslam was held overseas in the past but this is WrestleMania. This is what wrestling is all about.
    It represents how much the audience is swaying in the states. Smackdown is struggling to make the ratings and WWE have no choice but to go abroad. Their recent world tour reflects this.
    Of course it makes sense as the overseas fans will lap it up and as mentioned before tickets sales will be huge. Fans in the states will lose out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i have seen on a good few sites, heard from a fair few that Wrestlemania in Manchester is very likely. watch thos tickets go in seconds if it happens
    andyman wrote:
    Manchester Evening News Arena.

And now, it looks like that same venue will play play host to WrestleMania XXIII in 2007.

Lads, Ive scoured the net and cant see any talk of this. Can anyone provide a link or something???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Getting back on track though, i'd say they could do it! Croke Park Maybe!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

The WWE are currently orgainising a live show to be broadcasted from ireland very soon. Not to sure if it will be a RAW or Smackdown show but one is coming soon :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Storm106 wrote:
    The WWE are currently orgainising a live show to be broadcasted from ireland very soon. Not to sure if it will be a RAW or Smackdown show but one is coming soon :D:D

What is this based on? Is this about the November tour?

I heard that Raw is coming in November. thats all. Never heard anything about it being taped. It'd be cool if it was though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Croke Park would be amazing for a PPV, and fans would come from all across Europe. It would easily sell out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Brow wrote:
    I heard that Raw is coming in November. thats all. Never heard anything about it being taped. It'd be cool if it was though.

Sorry but i'm 90% sure that wont be live in Ireland but it might be in the UK.

Dont worry. I didnt have my hopes up or anything. Seemed a bit outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Sorry my speculation is wrong WMXXIII will be held in either in Houstan, Texas, Manchester, NEW HAMPSHIRE or other place I cant remember but the WWE has yet to decide :o

Sorry for this mix up heard about it on Sky Text 388 WWE Fanzone for all the fans views and someone posted in that.

Seemed a smidge dodgy. Nice one for clearing it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

andyman wrote:
    Sorry for this mix up heard about it on Sky Text 388 WWE Fanzone for all the fans views and someone posted in that.

take everything on that with a pinch of salt

Advertisement