Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tariff for O2 ?

Options
  • 04-06-2005 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all - new chap here - I'm trying to find out some info on a new O2 tariff that's supposed to be coming out. It's called something like "talk a lot more" and I'm pretty sure it's for PAYG customers who top up over a certain amount every month, in exchange for free extra minutes. Has anybody else heard anything? I'm on an O2 contract myself and was about to change (bit hacked off with O2 etc) but this sounds like it might save me money, even if I end up having to swap to PAYG to take advantage of it. Any thoughts out there ??

Cheers - jocque.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Talk a Lot more is an O2 UK Tarrif where every time you top up by £15 you get 150 free minutes as well as £15 of credit. I cannot see rip off O2 Ireland introducing such a good deal here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

"Rip off O2 Ireland" have a fairly good special offer going at the moment. Every sunday between now and August, all O2 to O2 calls are 1 cent per minute. Not bad at all. Although as someone who is in a long distance relationship and uses €10 credit per day :eek: I wouldn't mind if they gave free talk time to those who top up by a certain amount. I give them bastards nearly 4k per year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CharlieM

jocque wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's for PAYG customers who top up over a certain amount every month, in exchange for free extra minutes.

Cheers - jocque.

You don't have to do a certain amount a month - every time you top up over £15, you get the extra minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jocque

Thanks for those replies chaps - that makes more sense now and it sounds like a good deal. Is it already available ?

Cheers - jocque.

P.S. What's the deal with O2 Ireland - are they not the same company as on this side of the water ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

They are until it comes to pricing! Fleece the Irish cause they'll pay for it no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Ray777 wrote:
    "Rip off O2 Ireland" have a fairly good special offer going at the moment. Every sunday between now and August, all O2 to O2 calls are 1 cent per minute. Not bad at all. Although as someone who is in a long distance relationship and uses €10 credit per day :eek: I wouldn't mind if they gave free talk time to those who top up by a certain amount. I give them bastards nearly 4k per year...

If you are spending that much then you would get better value out of bill pay tariffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

John R wrote:
    If you are spending that much then you would get better value out of bill pay tariffs.
    or a hooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Or a landline or Skype.

Advertisement