Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing at Lughnasa/Prime of Ms Jean Brodie Quotes

Options
  • 04-06-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Lalala I am thoroughly underprepared with this one, lost my quotes notebook lol. ****e I say! Instead of spending a couple of hours goin mad siftin through the damn book again, anybody got some quotes under..well any headings really..any type of CC LG V+V examples from either..I can sift em out from there..would be muchos appreciated :D...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I always thought that you were never meant to got into enough detail to include quotes in a comparative essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Interesting..my english teacher said different, that it was good to have a good few under each heading for each... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

weird :confused:

I think you have to use quotes..you have to back up what you're saying right...god I'm confuzzled now lol. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

quotes are not needed in the comparitive essay - it's not meant to be testing the amount of knowledge you have about the texts but rather how good your analytical skills are - i.e.comparing and contrasting.
    However, you can put them in if you want extra kudos.....but defo not neccessary

Also, cultural context is not one of the modes this year.... Only Theme and Issue, Literary genre, General Vision and viewpoint..

If you rae looking for quotes - read the play!!!! It's not that long and it's interesting!

:)

• Advertisement

quotes are not needed in the comparitive essay - it's not meant to be testing the amount of knowledge you have about the texts but rather how good your analytical skills are - i.e.comparing and contrasting.
    However, you can put them in if you want extra kudos.....but defo not neccessary

Also, cultural context is not one of the modes this year.... Only Theme and Issue, Literary genre, General Vision and viewpoint..

If you rae looking for quotes - read the play!!!! It's not that long and it's interesting!

:)

my english teacher is gay. Thanks!

Advertisement