Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow download with Azureus

Options
  • 04-06-2005 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Here is the problem, Azureus download speeds are very slow (2-5 kb/s). I've checked my NAT and it has no problems, there is even a green smiley face. I'm connected to 23 seeds and 32 peers.

I should be getting a much faster speed seeing as I have a 1mb line from eircom. Does anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

Thank you.

[edit]
    ps: my previous download had the same problem but with more seeds (122).
    the d/l before that was fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well what about your upload? Are you limiting your upload to 8-7Kb - if you don't you will likely slow down your download because your upload can choke your downloads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

holeyshoe wrote:
    Here is the problem, Azureus download speeds are very slow (2-5 kb/s). I've checked my NAT and it has no problems, there is even a green smiley face. I'm connected to 23 seeds and 32 peers.

I should be getting a much faster speed seeing as I have a 1mb line from eircom. Does anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

Thank you.

[edit]
    ps: my previous download had the same problem but with more seeds (122).
    the d/l before that was fine.

have you opened ports 6881-6889 on your router?, and set the ip to the internal ip address of your pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

MY upload speed has been limited to 8kb/s and I have opend my ports in the firewall, I have also forwarded the ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

holeyshoe wrote:
    MY upload speed has been limited to 8kb/s and I have opend my ports in the firewall, I have also forwarded the ports.

give it a few minutes, it always starts slow. Choose a really popular file, like the new coldplay album or something, some of them have a few 100 seeds

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

L5 wrote:
    Choose a really popular file, like the new coldplay album or something, some of them have a few 100 seeds
    ** hears the sound of Chris Martin's heart breaking at L5's suggestion! **

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

It seems alot of people are experiencing cr*ppy speeds, I'm on 2mb UTV and last time i checked I was getting down speeds of 260kbps - 360kbps on www.irishisptest.com. Alot of people in the broadband forum complaining about the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 baconsoft

Hi
    I have Eircom broadband also but followed advice in www.portforward.com in re forwarding ports ->
    1. Set up static ip for pc outside range of DHCP server
    2. Changed TCP listening port for Azureus to 49153
    3. Forwarded TCP/UDP port 49153 to my pc's static IP in Netopia router config
    3. Disabled uPnP in Azureus.

This is the only way I could get it to work. I tried a million different ways trying to forward ports 6881 to 6999 to my pc to no avail (NAT error) .I get an OK! when I do an NAT/Firewall test and green smileys beside downloads but the download speeds hardly rise above 10kbps no matter how many peers or seeds there are. Is there a better way to set up or can anyone please please help me increase the speed of my downloads???

Thanks

Advertisement