Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proven tip to help your performance!

Options
  • 04-06-2005 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

EAT CHOCOLATE!

I'm serious folks, it's been proved that if you eat some chocolate half an hour before an exam it
    a) relaxes you though you may not think it (releases seratonin or whatever you call it, the happy hormone!)

b) boosts the speed at which your brain works, electrodes and whatnot

c) obviously gives you energy

it's supposed pure chocolate so just invest in some fancy stuff with at least 70% cocoa solids in it and you'll be flying. so even if you hate chocolate HAVE some...a bar should be enough, even half a one.. anythin to help!

ALSO..even if you're NOT hungry, eat a good breakfast, you mightn't feel like it but your body NEEDS nutrients after rest.. especially bananas-potassium..eat bananas like you're a monkey up to the wednesday too! :rolleyes: :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

. so even if you hate chocolate HAVE some:

doubt there is many people who HATE choclate. does it really make u happy?

Aswel if u have to much energy u won't be able to concentrate or at least i don't think u will. Can somebody verify that? There was a snippet of a 'listening to the leaving' programme full of info on what you should/n't eat in the run up to/duration of the exams. Anybody with the energy to find out post it. I know the link is www.rte.ie/radio1/listeningtotheleaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

doubt there is many people who HATE choclate. does it really make u happy?
    Lot's of people hate real chocolate and only like that milk chocolate crap, which isn't as good for these purposes.

It is true that it does have short-term benefits on concentration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Talk about a coincidence, I found 70% cocoa chocolate bars in Supervalu for the first time this week, I like chocolate so I bought one and now I've found this thread, just asked my mother who's a nurse and she said it would help, so it's a chocolate OD for me then.

Just in case anyone thinks of this, fish oil, evening primrose oil and EyeQ tablets do nothing for your memory or concentration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

GDM wrote:
    Talk about a coincidence, I found 70% cocoa chocolate bars in Supervalu for the first time this week,
    I'm a big fan of Green & Black organic chocolate, available (ironically enough) in most health food stores.
    GDM wrote:
    so it's a chocolate OD for me then.
    Binging can make you hyper and feel bloated, not a good idea.
    GDM wrote:
    Just in case anyone thinks of this, fish oil, evening primrose oil and EyeQ tablets do nothing for your memory or concentration.
    I don't know about EyeQ (as in I don't know what it is), but there is some evidence of GLA (the stuff in evening primrose oil) and some evidence that Omega 3 Fatty Acid (the stuff in fish oil) is good long term for concentration and thought processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

It's a good excuse for more chocolate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

don't od...aaaaaaaah you'd be hyperactive :O hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Talliesin wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Green & Black organic chocolate, available (ironically enough) in most health food stores.

Never heard of it

Binging can make you hyper and feel bloated, not a good idea.

I was being sarcastic.

I don't know about EyeQ (as in I don't know what it is), but there is some evidence of GLA (the stuff in evening primrose oil) and some evidence that Omega 3 Fatty Acid (the stuff in fish oil) is good long term for concentration and thought processes.

All that stuff is good to use long term but don't just start taking it during the exams because that won't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

2 cups of tea a day improves your memory apparently! I read it in a magazine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Chocolate: The over the counter version of what you need.

Jolt and Boots Caffeine Strips (more than 6 per day is an OD. There are 28 in each pack. I have 3 packs {3 for 2 offer}) - these are my exam steriods.

Advertisement