Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Brown

• 04-06-2005 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Who decides to put James Brown on the line-up for stuff like Oxygen, surely he doesn't belong on that kind of a bill?

Me going to see him in Amsterdam, would love to see him in Ireland but not gonna put up with hours of indie tripe to get a glimpse of the Godfather himself!

Also if u like JB, u might like Albert Collins, a blues man but some really funky stuff and some likeness to JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

I think the organisers of the festival have accepted for the last few years a hint of black music makes the festival viable for a few more people. Between Oxegen and Witness i've seen the likes of NERD, Wu Tang, Michael Franti, Lee Perry, Kenny Dope, Louie Vega, Rae & Christian, The Roots and lots lots more diverse artists so its fair to say its not simply indie stuff. Anyway,thats what festivals are all about, a melting pot of different music and people. Respect to Albert Collins too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭PunyHuman

It seems that JB is constantly on the road and will play anywhere. I think he must have problems with the IRS or alimony or something.

He played a great gig in Vicar Street last autumn. He's still got the funk and the moves as I'm sure you know. He also has a splendid wig, gleaming false teeth and three-inch platform heels. I was hoping that he would smoke crack as part of his act, or at least beat his wife live on stage, but it didn't happen :D

Albert Collins eh? Never heard of him. I'll have to check him out. I can recommend Lee Fields as another JB-esque funkster, and Charles Wright too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dunnes

James Brown belongs everywhere, always and forever once his hips don't give way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

He was/ is on the Jonathon Ross show tonight!

• Advertisement
Advertisement