Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs suspend Arnesen : Chelsea Approach

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

They're power and money crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Wtf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Thats amazing..... Transfer ban anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

imagine a transfer ban. from a man utd fan's point of view that would be amazing, and hilarious. financial sanctions arent the answer for clubs like chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

this is the worst thing that could happen to spurs. even defoe/king leaving wonuldnt be as bad.

chelsea have to be relegated! honestly thats the only way o get them sorted out.

as for spurs...if we are to keep the whole sporting director thing we gotta find someone quick cos we ae in the middle of the summer..when all the players are bought and contracts signed

as for frank...back stadding w*nker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

If its true that Chelsea tapped up Ronaldo it might be a nice time for Real to come public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, they aren't really helping themselves out.
    Cole - 3 points
    Arnesen - Heavy fine, doubtful points reduction
    Mikel - Man Utd will go nuts with this one, and have the power to get something drastic done
    Ronaldo - Spanish FA will give out to English FA

This could all add up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

If this is true, which looks like it is, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

They are building up a bad reputation with ALL the footballing authorities, I dont know why they seem to be wanting to do this but its only going to come back to bite them in the ass when they need a favour most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Peter Kenyon is an absolute scumbag of the highest order.....I'm shocked that they have actually tried to screw over so many clubs in such a short period of time....United over Mikel, Arsenal over Cole, Spurs over Arnasen.....all that crap that went down with Barcelona....their manager acting like a complete prat against Liverpool and making gestures at the crowd, it just goes on and on.

Hopefully, they get the book thrown at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

transfer ban has to come in

i wonder what Roman thinks of his club after the cole tapping and now this,hope he'll see the error of his way and go back to Russia ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Why would Roman care that they're getting a 3 point deduction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

andyman wrote:
    Why would Roman care that they're getting a 3 point deduction?
    he wont care about 3 point deduction but he'll probly care about the bad publicity of that his club is getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If this is true, which looks like it is, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

They are building up a bad reputation with ALL the footballing authorities, I dont know why they seem to be wanting to do this but its only going to come back to bite them in the ass when they need a favour most.

Because Chelsea hope to lead the charge in moving towards an independant European Super League? Lets face it, they have no respect for any football authority they currently operate under, they don't think the rules should apply to them, so why not try and break "free"? They need to be stopped dead in their tracks or other clubs will start to test the boundaries.

he wont care about 3 point deduction but he'll probly care about the bad publicity of that his club is getting

Not if they win the league anyway. He'll only care when the punishment hurts the club, either causing them to lose out on a trophy or banning them from buying the football world lock, stock, and barrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Because Chelsea hope to lead the charge in moving towards an independant European Super League?

Well that won't happen because the G14 group of clubs have let it known the dislike they have for the current Chelsea set up - plus, the kind of hatred that will now be building up against Chelski from everyone in football would mean NO club would stand alongside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So Spurs's idea of an illegal approach is ...
    that Arnesen was made aware that we wanted to speak to him (he received a CC on the letter).

However, it doesn't seem like we have offered him anything or even spoken to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

smuckers wrote:
    So Spurs's idea of an illegal approach is ...
    that Arnesen was made aware that we wanted to speak to him (he received a CC on the letter).

However, it doesn't seem like we have offered him anything or even spoken to him.

i think the point is that chelsea contacted arnesen directly before Spurs had a chance to reject the advance.

thats illegal.

a CC is still direct contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

They havent broken the K3 rule though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Arnensen: I want to resign and join Chelsea.

Sounds like he's had a job-offer to me. I wouldn't leave my job for another one if I hadn't been offered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

innocent until proven guilty eh lads? or not...

THis is a different rule from the K3 one, so they wont be deducted points. Chelsea are pushing the boundaries of restraint on trade issue. Interesting if chelsea/cole take it to the courts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

This is absolutely shocking for Spurs fans - best year for 13 years and building for the future. If I ever see Frank Arnesen, I may take the law into my own hands.

Below is Spurs' response to those arrogant, cheating, law-breaking scum financed by dodgy Russians and CEOed by a total scumbag . I hope they throw all the books at them. 12 Points and a 1 year Transfer Ban.

--- OFFICIAL SPURS RESPONSE ---

In response to the statement by Chelsea Ltd, parent company of Chelsea Football Club, the club wishes to clarify the following points.

Chelsea Ltd's letter asking permission to approach Frank Arnesen sent to the club on the 21st May was copied to Frank Arnesen. By definition, Frank was therefore approached prior to the club having had any chance to refuse permission.

A further call was made to the club by Chelsea on the 23rd May when again permission to approach Frank was refused and this was confirmed in writing to them at the time. No other discussions were held with Chelsea until Friday 3rd June when, at the Premier League Chairman's meeting, the Chairman and Club Secretary met with the Chief Executive and Chairman of Chelsea. At that meeting our Chairman made clear his disappointment both at the approach and nature of the approach and made clear his intentions to seek substantial damages.

The rule which has been breached is rule U10 which cites 'no club shall directly or indirectly induce or intend to induce any employee of another club to terminate a contract of employment with that other club (whether or not by breach of that contract) or directly or indirectly approach any such employee with a view to offering employment without the consent of that other club'.

elbow316 wrote:
    Well that won't happen because the G14 group of clubs have let it known the dislike they have for the current Chelsea set up - plus, the kind of hatred that will now be building up against Chelski from everyone in football would mean NO club would stand alongside them.

Yes, but how long before the other G14 teams start to flex their muscle if Chelsea continue to escape relatively scot free? What price on Chelsea being the first Premiership team to reject collective TV rights for example? How happy will they be with having to share CL cash with four other premiership clubs, and how long before they look to renegotiate that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

This is all mounting up, you'd think Chelsea fans would have the decency to be a bit embarrassed at leat. Serious action will have to be taken if they continue these activities. A line has to be drawn, Money cannot be a reason to ride roughshod over all other teams in the league or Europe for that matter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea have already burnt their bridges and are never getting into G14.
    Barca will never allow it after the ****e in the game.
    Utd I can't imagine would be too accomodating, with Mikel and the hatred all United people feel towards Kenyon.

--

Eventually the G14 are gona step in if this ****e continues, and then Chelsea will really be screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

First of all Spurs have to complain to the FA,when they do and Chelsea are found guilty I would put a transfer ban on them for a year and also give their champions league place to Liverpool.

This is not like stealing a player,this is taking the heart out of the club.Arnasen knows everything about Spurs,how much everyone is paid,how long everyones contract is,what clauses are in those contracts,who is stalling on a new contract,who is unhappy,how much money we have to spend this summer,who we have lined up to buy.

I'm surprised there are not more Chelsea fans commenting on this! I would imagine its because most of them know there football and are as appauled as the rest of us at the new way Chelsea do buisness.

X

Xcom2 wrote:

I'm surprised there are not more Chelsea fans commenting on this! I would imagine its because most of them know there football and are as appauled as the rest of us at the new way Chelsea do buisness.

X

I'd say quite the opposite. Its more like most of them don't know football at all, and can't see anything wrong with it...

No offence meant to anyone who's ever been in Stamford Bridge, or can name the three Chelsea managers before Mourinho, but from what I've seen recently, you're in the minority. On that note:
    Chelsea to make bid for Tottenham support

Following on from their illegal approaches for Cole and Arnesen, The Mail on Sunday has now learnt that Chelski Football Club have set their sights on Tottenham Hotspur supporters as their next target.

Abramovich’s money means that Chelski can afford the best, and Tottenham supporters have a reputation as amongst the very best. Chelsea’s support is primarily composed of fair-weather supporters who have jumped on the club’s recent good fortunes and this is said to be upsetting Jose Mourhino, who considers decent support a key part of a football club.

A spokeswoman for Chelski FC, Ms Gloria Hunter, said “It is true that we are in the market for decent support and have been looking as Spurs supporters for some time. We have tried our own loyalty scheme along the lines of Spurs and did have one supporter who had managed to gain 14 points. Unfortunately, he has now left to follow Liverpool after their Champions League success. We are confident that we can just give Spurs supporters money and they will join us – although I admit that neither myself nor anybody at the Chelski really understand this loyalty thing”.

Spurs remained unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.

Courtesy of Spurs BB From The Lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

It’s business as usual. That’s the message for Spurs fans from Head Coach Martin Jol.

“Of course the news about Frank Arnesen is a big disappointment, but I want to reassure fans that there is a lot to anticipate and we already have our plans in place for this season.

“We finished last season on an optimistic note and I am determined that we stay that way,” says Martin.

“The teamwork here is such a big feature at Spurs and that impressed me from day one.

“We move on and I’m really looking forward to seeing you all again at the Lane at the start of the new season.”

Good to see he's keeping positive.

Advertisement