Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT upgrade me to plus product themselves?

• 04-06-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I just noticed this today. The usage counter suddenly started displaying the number of days left until I go over the cap, a feature I thought was reserved for Plus users.
    bbusage.gif
    After some quick math, that would mean my cap is 23.53GB (might as well call it 24), which is the cap for the Plus product if I'm not mistaken.

So then I go to take a speed test, revealing that I still have a 1MB line:
    speedtest.gif

Have BT decided that I should be on the plus product instead? I never asked them to upgrade me, and although I've been going over the cap (not much) 2 months in the last 6, they never even contacted me to ask.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

And is it a curse (will I be charged for the Plus, while still getting standard speed), or is it a gift (not charged, get twice the cap)

Thanks,
    snappieT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ring them and ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Don't really want to alert them if it's best case scenario - free extra 12GB. I was just asking has it happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

SnappieT, it is best to call them and find out what is going.
    In fairness my experiences have been good with BT. On my last bill I was refunded the difference of bb and bb+ for few months while I was getting bb instead of bb+ after the upgrade. All is ok now, me back to bb+ and got refunded even though I wasn't expecting anything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I think I'll wait until the bill comes. If they charge me for +, I'll have a sh1tfit over how I never asked, and how I never got 2MB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

snappieT wrote:
    I think I'll wait until the bill comes. If they charge me for +, I'll have a sh1tfit over how I never asked, and how I never got 2MB

Tehehe thats the spirit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

lol, if it happens let us know!

Advertisement