Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Habits

Options
  • 04-06-2005 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else developed really weird habits lately because of the leaving . Ive recently taken to dancing around the kitchen like a mad yoke to James Brown on study breaks to release pent up energy(".....Get up offa that thing and dance till you feel better.....doo doo do....") Is anyone doing things along a similar line or were the doctors right all along and am I just goin mad?

P.s I also have taken a liking to watching ANYTHING on tv and convincing myself that ,no, nationwide is actually riveting so I can avoid studying.

P.s.s Have also been spending excessive amounts of time on a forum on the internet talking about studying instead of studying :confused: Hmmmmmm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

ive resorted to my childhood methods of bouncing on my bed on my study breaks to pat benetar hit me with your best shot.... its all good! my mum an dad think im going nuts but its a great way of releasing stress!! hehe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I went through a couple of months... pretty much from the mocks 'til about a week ago of not caring and doing nothing but I've copped on and am getting back into things now. My timetable is very kind to me (4 exams, week off, 4 exams) so I should be grand. As far as odd habits go... well, studying is a new one recently! :p Seriously though, like the rest of you I'm just making up any old excuse not to study and waiting for the damn thing to be finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

yep ive taken 2watchin emmerdale (i used 2hate it!) i now try and find excuses 2do house work!!!! (someone PLEASE dirty some dishes!!!!) ive taken 2 irish dancing round th kitchen 2heavy metal n other loud stuff n i too have been spending an excessive amount of time on the boards!!!!!

seriously i could give you all any advice its to bounce on your beds....im not joking but you feel really good!! just try it now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

lol this dancing thing is an epidemic
    And i have to admit......me too!.... but for me its ANYTHING thats on the radio, for a bit of motivation I go for Queen, or "The Final Countdown" its a brill -get up off your ass- song!
    Also my room has been spotless for the last few weeks ...oh the procrastination..:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Haha I would try that but I have bunk beds! UncleFester, I know exactly what you mean about the housework - I cleared out my room yesterday and vacuumed the whole of upstairs, my mother doesn't know what's got into me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

MMmmmmm.....havent done a tap of housework since about february because of the LC its great I have total run of the house, feel a bit sorry for the parentals at the moment though because Ive a tendancy to fly off the handle about any little thing ....." NO MAM GOD I said I wanted HAM NOT SPAGHETTI" * slams door*

i would have that prob but my oul pair have just gone away they left yesterday so i have run of the house...tiny bit annoying coz ive no real discipline....also ive to cook my own food now.....*hello is that the chinese??*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Ya we had pizza last night and cake, I have no idea why mam got a cake but i wasnt complaining ( for once ,*realisation hits* ahh thats why...) Shes gettin me stuff the whole time like I mentioned Id love the holiday skin stuff and she went into Limerick to look for it when it was sold out in town ( im from Clare) If it wasnt for the whole studyin/exams this year'd be pretty sweet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

at 6ft 2' the only way i can jump on the bed is keeping my head down to avoid bashing it into the ceiling. its not fun. Try a trampoline - really cool. U can get some real height. unfortunately i don't have one of them so jumping up and down is all i can do. Not fun either. I suppose good old match of football does the trick every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

my habit is getting up from study desk and swinging my tennis racket at an imaginary ball(usually with eye of the tiger playin in the background)lol, i have a bunk bed so bouncin on my bed would be quite painful!

stop with the trampoline! my neighbours got one recently and its huge:)all i can hear all day is them on it.........cant get a thing done!.....

and im also very jealous of it...:(

yeah... i can understand your predicaments with a bunk bed and with the hirght prob....swinging the racket is very good!! or playing air guitar while running around like a nutter....my neighbours i think are getting worried about the goings on in this house....the doctor across keeps waving when he see's me bouncing on the bed....hmm not a good thing i suppose!!

yeah and dont forget to listen to eye of the tiger on each and every break, coz it works like a fukkin charm! You get up and stick it on (my laptop is on my bed) and turn it up and hit play....... DUH duh duh DUH DUH DUH, duh duh DUH DUH DUH duh duh DUH DUH DOWWWWWN! and then ur like, ok study material on the desk, you want a piece of me? keep eyeballing me motherfukker, dont make me study you! Thats it you asked for it! And before ye kno it ur studying again!

PS: I just realise that all this being in one room all day studying has made me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Yup Im a dancer too!! I pop on my mums old Beach Boys Albums and danced around! Or Queen Dont stop me now works too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Dancing like a madman to fast 80's punk! Also rocking back and forth when I'm trying to concentrate on something

lol cherry, coincidence, i listened to surfin usa and california girls today haha great stuff

LOL! I love Surfing USA!! Good Virbrations and FUN FUN FUN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I kinda took to getting a lot of exercise during the course of my LC... and its strangely stuck, that and not eating much during exams.

Oh yeh... and when i wasnt concentrating during whatever coming up to my exams, my hands would start to flex on their own :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Dancing like a madman to fast 80's punk! Also rocking back and forth when I'm trying to concentrate on something

I particularly recommend fast ska numbers like the first Specials album/anything by Damned/Ramones/Buzzcocks/SLF.

But as an aging Collidge lecturer, I have to wag the finger and say 'Tut, tut...', etc.

Knuckle down, boys'n'girls. FFS, you've only a few poxy weeks to keep this up!

Go mad AAAAAALL summer long, after that! :D

• Advertisement

seriously, those beach boys have a lot to answer for, the whole house is going mad at my music this weekend!!....lets go surfin now, everybodys learnin how, come on a safari with meeeee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Rhyme wrote:
    I kinda took to getting a lot of exercise during the course of my LC... and its strangely stuck, that and not eating much during exams.

Oh yeh... and when i wasnt concentrating during whatever coming up to my exams, my hands would start to flex on their own :confused:

ah the healthy body, healthy mind theory. All my motivation is used by studying so getting round to going gym is little harder. THough sports are a good release.

The Beach Boys Rule!!! :D

Cherry_Pie wrote:
    The Beach Boys Rule!!! :D

my parents are lovin it!!think they're oh so cool now that ive resorted to their music to motivate the study....normally id be ashamed to admit it, but went to see them last year-UNREAL!

lol turning into beach boys fan forum up in here up in here. They say white men cant dance (or is it jump, or is both?) well i have to say i prove them right

lol sorry, this leaving cert thing's making us all a bit mad ,
    another really good song is "the final countdown" aka the rocky song....(don't worry beach boys, still need u!!)

Basically anything thats happy will work for me!! Happy sounds make me well eh happy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

I get delirious and start going slightly crazy after a period of study..oh my god why am i wasting time replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I have this habit of worrying myself sick and crying myself to sleep. Seriously though I have in the last week bought a book which has given me quite a boost. It Bill Cullen's new book Golden Apples, I do his excercise routine in the morning and the other stuff he recommends, it perks you up no end and motivates you, I highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

GDM wrote:
    I have this habit of worrying myself sick and crying myself to sleep. Seriously though I have in the last week bought a book which has given me quite a boost. It Bill Cullen's new book Golden Apples, I do his excercise routine in the morning and the other stuff he recommends, it perks you up no end and motivates you, I highly recommend it.
    Any chance you could share some of these motivation exercises? :D

Advertisement